Indiana Snipers

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Indiana Snipers

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:22 pm

This story made a brief appearance on cnn.com yesterday:

We have sniper(s) running around the state of Indiana. Two trucks were shot at on I-65 Sunday morning about 60 miles south of Indianapolis. One passanger was killed. About two hours later, two more shots were fired on I-69 north of Indy. Given the time difference and distance, there is a good chance they are related.

State police have been flashing warnings on all our Interstates message boards. I-65 is less than 10 miles from my house as I live less than a minute from I-80/94.

Reports this morning show that another man was shot at in Hammond, less than 2 miles from my house. The area is similar to an interstate but is a local road basically. The MO was a bit different since this was daylight and the driver caught a glimpse of the man. More than likely copy cat offenders. But I travel the interstates all the time to get back and forth from work, not to mention the countless friends who do likewise.

Though it is all in God's hands, it is still a cause for concern.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:54 pm

agreed. that's scary stuff. let's hope this cools down quick
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:59 pm

I saw this on the news too. All I can say is that I'm praying they catch the guys doing this. When the DC sniper mess was going on a few years ago, that really hit home for me. Several of the guys NoRmus and I went to college with, some of the best friends we've ever had, live in that area. The worst one for us was when it was on the news that a woman was shot at Home Depot... That home depot is less than 2 miles from the home of my friend Alex, and all I could think of was to try to get in touch with either his mother or his ex-girlfriend, Phoenix (who is also one of my really good friends) to make sure they weren't hit.

Alex & Phoenix were really worried at that time since they both commuted every day, and as Phoenix put it, "we're a pretty big target when we get out of our cars..." (she's over 300 pounds, he's about 415). They came through it perfectly safe, and I talked to both of them as recently as yesterday.

I hope that's encouraging.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby camper on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:07 pm

I'll keep you and that area in my prayers. I remember the DC snipers, that was terrible.

I hope they catch these people quicker than they got them. And, I hope nobody else gets hurt.

dan
camper

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:47 pm

Apparently, the shooting in NW Indiana was unrelated and the culprit has been caught and has confessed. Hopefully any copycats will be prevented from taking aim.....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/26/highw ... index.html
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby RevSears on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:54 am

copy cats are a scary thing. I don't want to have to worry about the grassy nolls i pass on the hwy i have enough time dealing with the crazy drivers.
RevSears

Postby ColtsFan76 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:32 pm

Yeah we had a bunch of copycats. I think some of the reports were road chips though and nervous drviers. All in all, i think we had about a dozen but all has been quiet for the past month or two... Praise God!

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to News & Politics