Who needs steroids?

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Who needs steroids?

Postby pl_walker on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Not sure who is following baseball, but why would a pitcher need steroids when he can use pine tar without being punished.

Sad indeed.

Paul
pl_walker

Postby Matthew on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:13 pm

i think at one point it became very mental. if as many people were using as it's been rumored, it would almost become something you would take just to keep your job (more competitive), not just to do better
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Matthew wrote:i think at one point it became very mental. if as many people were using as it's been rumored, it would almost become something you would take just to keep your job (more competitive), not just to do better

my thoughts exactly.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:43 pm

pyro = hardcore Braves fan

'Roids don't really help pitchers, but the twins are right, it's a psychological thing. I pitched and caught when I played, and as a pitcher I can tell you it's more about mechanics and stamina, which aren't really affected by 'roids. For catchers I can see it since the body breaks down (mine is a prime example, as I've got bad knees and a bad back), so 'roids can make a difference.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby V_Max on Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:52 pm

I was a catcher in school as well, and yeah, that takes a big toll on the body. I do think there is a potential upside to steroids for pitchers, though, especially once they get of a certain age. Strength is strength, regardless of how it's used.

Justin
V_Max

Return to News & Politics