The Hillmeister.......

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

The Hillmeister.......

Postby camper on Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:34 am

So by now you've all heard that Hillary is running for Prez '08. The press is 'oohing' and 'aahhing' over her almost as much as Obama.

They're already asking for visits to the white house when she's in it, how she's going to like being president, blah blah blah....but there is a big huge white elephant in the room in the form of a question that nobody wants to go near:

Despite the fact that America & Europe are pretty progressive and aren't too worked up over a potential female president, how is the rest of the world (especially the countries giving us the most grief) going to view a country with a woman in charge?

A female president, female speaker of the house....what Muslim country in the world will truly listen to anything coming from us knowing that the country is led by women? An arabic 12 year old boy has a higher status in his family than his own mother, and many Asian and Latino countries are far more misogynistic than we are.

Not trying to imply that men are better than women or vice versa, but seriusly that's an important consideration and nobody is even acknowledging it.

dan
camper

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 am

Good question.... I'll have to think on that one a bit. Honestly though, it looks like the nations that would disrespect us for having a woman "in charge" are already disrespecting us for other things. This will just add to their list of reasons to hate America (ns).
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 am

I am not voting for Hillary or Barrack - not because they are female and african-american, respectively but because they are Democrats. ;)
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 am

Does anyone think it odd that we've not heard a thing from the Republicans about any of this?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:15 pm

andrwfields wrote:Does anyone think it odd that we've not heard a thing from the Republicans about any of this?

I do, but I also think they aren't bringing it up because if they do they'll be made to look like they're anti-women or something. Then, we'll have to sit through another Hillary rant about some "Vast right-wing conspiracy" trying to keep women down or some other crap to sidestep the real, and (IMHO) valid point about how the nation will be perceived by countries that do not place the same value on women that we do.

Granted Andrew, you brought up a very important point that the countries that would be disrespectful are the ones who are already giving us a hard time, but a woman in charge might make it even more difficult to try and make *any* headway with them, even worse than we have now.

I could be way off base with this, but I'm really curious to know if there's any truth to it.

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:24 pm

great point. It'll be very interesting if they are even willing to discuss anything with a female.

Could really throw a giant catalyst into everything.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby pl_walker on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:46 pm

All I have to say is, if SHE gets elected, last one leaving, turn out the lights.

Paul
pl_walker

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Matthew wrote:great point. It'll be very interesting if they are even willing to discuss anything with a female.

So... I guess Condoleeza Rice's work on foreign soil means nothing?

Just wondering, because I brought this up to a co-worker of mine that, in her own words, thought this was b***s*** :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby camper on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:21 pm

chad_ghost wrote:
Matthew wrote:great point. It'll be very interesting if they are even willing to discuss anything with a female.

Just wondering, because I brought this up to a co-worker of mine that, in her own words, thought this was b***s*** :)

The difference there, is that Condi is in the employ of Mr. Prez. "Mister" is still the boss, and she is acting on *his* behalf.

There is a difference, granted it might not seem like much but it is still there. The overall boss is a guy, not a gal.

dan
camper

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 pm

camper wrote:
chad_ghost wrote:

The difference there, is that Condi is in the employ of Mr. Prez. "Mister" is still the boss, and she is acting on *his* behalf.

There is a difference, granted it might not seem like much but it is still there. The overall boss is a guy, not a gal.

dan

Then by that rationale, Hillary was already the boss. We all know Bill wasn't running the country.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby camper on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 am

ColtsFan76 wrote:Then by that rationale, Hillary was already the boss. We all know Bill wasn't running the country.

Heh...I'm just waiting for her camp to start that rumour ;)

dan
camper

Return to News & Politics