Main page

We are working on both a Statement of Faith for the site and a Plan of Salvation. Come on in and gives us your input.

Main page

Postby Matthew on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

I set this up today in about 10 minutes.

http://army4one.wordpress.com/

I can make the address http://army4one.com

We can link to the forum, help sites, myspace, facebook, etc.

Any input we would be appreciated.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Main page

Postby destros_elite on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Not bad...not bad at all! Let me think on it a little more though...
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:33 pm

So i'm a little confused by the wordpress stuff. Is this a blog? or something used to make a front page/ and other blogs?

You know i've been dying to see an army4one facebook/myspace and if this could be a central point to link it all together that would be great.

Looks nice, although if we want to attract people you might take the "started for joe collectors" bit and move it later on. A potential poster would be more concerned about the site is now than what it was.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:56 pm

RevSears wrote:Looks nice, although if we want to attract people you might take the "started for joe collectors" bit and move it later on. A potential poster would be more concerned about the site is now than what it was.

I'll be straight with you Sam, the Joe thing stays. That was the vision for the sight, and it stays. Without it, IMO, its just another Christian site. Sure, not everyone is into Joes here, but God lead me to this, and I believe it stays.

And btw, with all the new Joe stuff coming our way, its a great thing to have :)

P.S. Sorry if I come off defensive. I'm tired and need sleep.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 am

I'm with Matt on the Joe thing, Sam. I don't collect Joes or anything, but we need to be inviting to all people. The name "Christian" scares some away.

Matt, I like that design. I want to ask a question though: What would be the purpose of it? Are you wanting to replace the main A4O link when you come to army4one.com or what? I do like the idea of a blog though.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 am

It would replace the main (current) A4O page. It would be a blog, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be for actually blogging. It could have prayer requests, announcements, etc.

Check out this page for a good example.

http://generalsjoes.com/

All the stuff on the right side bar of the A4O page can be customized to have anything we want on it. Links to forums, links to myspace, facebook, other blogs, etc.

I set one up for my sunday school class, so you can see how it is set up as well.

http://chbcfertileground.wordpress.com

Links such as the ones in the "Help Sites" thread could be put in a category to themselves.

I think we can really get creative with the contents of it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:37 am

chad_ghost wrote:
RevSears wrote:Looks nice, although if we want to attract people you might take the "started for joe collectors" bit and move it later on. A potential poster would be more concerned about the site is now than what it was.

I'll be straight with you Sam, the Joe thing stays. That was the vision for the sight, and it stays. Without it, IMO, its just another Christian site. Sure, not everyone is into Joes here, but God lead me to this, and I believe it stays.

And btw, with all the new Joe stuff coming our way, its a great thing to have :)

P.S. Sorry if I come off defensive. I'm tired and need sleep.

That's cool, it's your site! But i have to admit i barely come here for Joe talk. The important thing is that you said God lead you to it, obey him and not me!

anyways looks nice, thinks for using generaljoes as an example (great site) helps me to understand what your going for and i like it!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Definitely keep the Joe stuff here! That is what attracted me here (through G.I. Joe Review). I love talking about the LORD with my brothers and sisters here, but I really enjoy talking about all the G.I.Joe stuff as well. And 2009 is a BIG year for G.I. Joe! New toy lines, Resolute, New Comic Line(s), Live-Action Movie, etc.!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Chad just added a re-direct. If you go to http://army4one.com , it will take you to the blog after 5 seconds or so. We are also working on a flash intro for the main page.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 am

I dig it!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 am

Here's what I get:

Forbidden, this page (http://army4one.wordpress.com/) is categorized as: Forum/Bulletin Boards.

Unfortunately, this move will be the end for my tenure of hitting Joe related websites due to the firewall restrictions at work. Right now, it's let through and even though I don't come on much I do try to pop in when I can. When joecustoms went to the new web software, thats when my visits there pretty much ended.

And for the record, I don't come here for the Joe related stuff. I'm pretty much 100% done with GI Joe now, even sold my DVD sets and simply haven't had the time to list my collection on ebay yet. So while it started as a Joe site for Christians, it's the latter that keeps me here and not the former :)

If the board stays where it is I'm fine, but if it transitions to wordpress or some other blog I'll be posting as much as skyfire, and probably visit as often ;)

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 am

Hey dan,

the site will stay put. The wordpress blog will simply be the main page, so you should have nothing to worry about :D.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby camper on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 am

Matthew wrote:Hey dan,

the site will stay put. The wordpress blog will simply be the main page, so you should have nothing to worry about :D.

Cool beans :)
camper

Return to Site Planning