:(

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

:(

Postby lobo on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:00 am

Well, my uncle's dog, Molly, had to be put to sleep this evening. The cancer started to spread further, and she was having a hard time getting around. :cry: :cry: I drove to the vet. I remember praying for her when she was a puppy, that she would survive parvo. I remember praying this time last year for an extension on her life. I remember about a month ago, praying. Her leg started swelling up over the weekend. Now she has no more pain.

:cry: :cry:
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Re: :(

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:04 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I hate losing a friend like this. We had to put our first dog down in '04. He almost passed in '02 from failed kidneys, but made it back and lived 2 more years. I'm grateful the extended time we had.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:01 am

Knowing you are the avid dog lover, I am sorry for your loss. It's the worst thing about owning a pet. The longer you live, the longer you have with that pet, but ultimately, time makes fools of us all.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Captain Tomorrow on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:19 pm

I feel really bad. I'm a huge dog and animal lover, and had my first pet pass away when I was 8. I'm with my dog right now as I post this. Sorry for the loss.
Captain Tomorrow

Postby RevSears on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:42 am

This was so long ago, i feel so bad i didn't offer my condlences. It's not one of your usual thoughts in the forum, but it did bring to mind how thankful i was to have my own pet. I'm usually a dog person but i've been attached to my cat "maxi" (no i didn't name her, blame my little brother) ever since the divorce almost two years ago now. At first i didn't even want the cat, but then i ended up sleeping with her in my arms every night. It's so said now that i've remarried and she is extremely Jealous of Heather!
RevSears

Postby lobo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:10 am

Where has the year gone?
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Return to Lobo's Thoughts