Message from November 7, 2010

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

Message from November 7, 2010

Postby lobo on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Isaiah 6

1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

4And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

6Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

7And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

8Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

=======================

I’m not sure this lives up to the title: BEST POEM IN THE WORLD, but I thought it was good.

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Bill, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

'And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

============================

Grace: mercy; clemency; pardon

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.

God’s grace is available to anyone.

David – a man after God’s heart. A man who had an adulterous affair, and was spared death by stoning because God forgave him.

John 8:1-11:
1But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.
3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group
4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.
5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"
6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.
10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Make no mistake, there were consequences for his action, but because he repented, he was spared death.

Peter, the rock upon which the church was built, denied knowing Jesus. But, he was restored when Jesus asked in John 21.

The vilest sinner who truly believes
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

As humans, we try to make different levels of sin, this is so we can feel a little bit better about ourselves. But, in God’s eyes, all sin is equal.

People are God’s most valued creation.
--He created a world for us to dwell in

--He didn’t wipe us completely out when Adam and Eve sinned, during the Flood

--He created a plan for us to get back to Him

--He is delaying the second coming until the whole world hears to message and have an opportunity to repent.

A few months ago, I was told by a guy I hadn’t seen for a while, that my family “was always good people”. It is good to be “good people”, but it is meaningless if your neighbors and family are on a fast track to destruction.

We are surrounded by a world that is lost and on a fast track to Hell. Are we willing to take a stand?

Are we ready for someone off the street or someone just out of jail to come in?

I know a few former convicted felons. I never knew them before, but have heard stories. Then, I see what their life is now.

It seems as though the world is getting to be a darker place everyday. The TV, radio, newspapers, are full of bad news.

It is in the dark times that our light shines the brightest. If I turn on my flashlight during the day, you don’t see it very well. I think sometimes it’s like that in our Christian walk. We see other Christians around us, and think that we don’t have to shine our lights. What happens when the others aren’t around? So far, the mortality rate among humans is running very close to 100%...

The FEMA IS-22 book talks about being physically ready for a disaster when it hits. The title asks the question “Are you ready?”.

Are you ready for the darkness?

Do you have your spiritual batteries charged up? How many people know what is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path?

When you look around, the number of lost people can be overwhelming . So, you do the same thing you would do, if you had to triage a football field of injured people. You start with the person closest to you. You have to be saved first. Then start on your family, then neighbors, then community, then region, then state.

Do you think the good deeds you do are enough? They aren’t.

Matthew 7
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I remember sitting the backyard, holding my dog as he was bleeding. I had my hand clamped around his leg trying to stop the blood and delay the inevitable. I knew in the back of my mind that it wouldn’t be enough. I remember standing in the vet’s office and hearing the bad news and the decision was made. I remember the bad feeling I got knowing that the best I could do, wasn’t enough. Please don’t stand before God and hear “I never knew you”.

Maybe you know the truth, but you still haven’t made a decision. How long will you reject the greatest gift and expression of love that has ever been given? If you don’t choose to follow God, then you choose not to follow Him by default.

I spent some time Thursday in a training drill, waiting in a labor pool to be sent out to do something. Are you waiting on the sidelines for your next task? Maybe you hear the words, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

“Here am I Lord, send me,” is a good answer…

To end, I tried (emotional by this time) to sing along with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UalqK2bRh8w

Third Day - Thief 2006

I am a thief, I am a murderer
Walking up this lonely hill
What have I done? I don't remember
No one knows just how I feel
and I know that my time is coming soon.

It's been so long. Oh, such a long time
Since I've lived with peace and rest
Now I am here, my destination
guess things work for the best
and I know that my time is coming soon
Who is this man? This man beside me

They call the King of the Jews
They don't believe that He's the Messiah
But, somehow I know it's true.
And they laugh at Him in mockery,
and beat Him till he bleeds
They nail Him to the rugged cross,
and raise Him, they raise Him up next to me

My time has come, I'm slowly fading
I deserve what I receive
Jesus when You are in Your kingdom
Could You please remember me
and He looks at me still holding on
the tears fall from His eyes
He says I tell the truth
Today, you will live with Me in paradise

and I know that my time is coming soon
and I know paradise is coming soon.
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Return to Lobo's Thoughts