With God on the firing line - Appearances

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

With God on the firing line - Appearances

Postby lobo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:56 am

Appearances

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/ ... on_870.jpg

Who can tell me the differences between these four shotguns?

One has a regular, factory look to it. One has a metal stock. They run from ordinary to pretty “seriousâ€
lobo

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:57 pm

I was reading Romans the other day while trying to catch up with me - through-the-Bible-in-a-year commitment. Romans 14 talks about these things that divide us being inconsequential. We need to keep the main thing the main thing and that is Jesus.

Here are a few snipettes:

2-3: One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

5-8: One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

13: Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

19: Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby PoetFlint on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:35 am

Lobo, I don't usually chime in on your thoughts, but i do read them. I think this is the best one yet !
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Return to Lobo's Thoughts