Walking through the valley

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

Walking through the valley

Postby lobo on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:58 pm

To: Those who are walking through the valley of the shadow of death.

Most of the time, hopefully all the time, it is not our choice. The valley of the shadow of death is not where I like to spend my time. Sometimes, though, we must walk through it. Whether it be the death of someone we know, a flashback to something we went through, or maybe the media is dragging us through it again.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Notice that it says, "though I walk through the valley". It doesn't say to run. If you run, you may trip over something and hurt yourself more. Or, you might not notice something important that you are supposed to see.

Notice that it says, "though I walk through the valley". It doesn't say to set up camp. If you set up camp, and continue to dwell on death, you will fall. It will wear on you - that's one thing that drives people to drink. The drink may numb the pain for a while, but it won't last.

Don't give up hope, because there is hope. His name is Jesus.

Jesus knows all about our struggles
He will guide til the day is done
There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus
No, not one
No, not one

Just ask for forgiveness. Repent, turn away from sin. All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. But you have to ask...
lobo

Return to Lobo's Thoughts