Adoption

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

Adoption

Postby lobo on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Adoption

When we adopt an animal, we usually don't have much choice in the genetic makeup of the animal. So far, we can't go to a store, and pick out, for example, a greyhound with bassett hound ears that is colored like a german shephard... (That would look odd...) We choose from what is in the pound or the newspaper. Then grow attached to them, and love them like a member of the family. It breaks our hearts when it is time for them to die.

I wonder how much more God's heart breaks when the ones he created don't follow their plan or worse - don't even come to know Him. He didn't just go to the pound and pick us out, He specifically created each one of us for a specific purpose.

He has held back the Second Coming because there are still lost people, He doesn't want anyone to be lost. He created Hell for the devil and his angels - not us, but He honors our free will to choose.

Why don't we choose Him?
lobo

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:43 am

i think he is deeply saddened. remember the verse (i think from Matthew) that talk about the rejoicing in heaven over just one lost soul coming to Christ. that's a huge thing over one person, so anyone who goes to hell has that same magnitude of grief from God
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby hardroc on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:38 pm

Matthew wrote: rejoicing in heaven over just one lost soul coming to Christ. that's a huge thing over one person,

Mt 18:12 -
How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. "
hardroc

Return to Lobo's Thoughts