Our best efforts

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

Our best efforts

Postby lobo on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:29 pm

Our best efforts

I remember sitting in the backyard holding Tyson (the dog, d.9-15-04) realizing that no matter what I did, there was a decent chance that he wasn't going to make it. If he did make it, that he wouldn't be the same. --That my best efforts weren't really going to be good enough. It was a very bad feeling.

I can't even begin to imagine the people standing in eternal judgement. The ones who have done every good thing that has come across thier path. The ones who did every good thing, but they didn't accept Jesus. Standing in judgement, and hearing the words "Depart from Me, I knew you not." And as they stand there, they realize that all thier good works, all the good things they did, none were capable of getting them into Heaven. That would be horrifying...

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
lobo

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:43 am

and the hard part is knowing that people willingly deny Christ as the only way.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Lobo's Thoughts