Turning in our time sheets

Finding God in the little things...

Moderator: lobo

Turning in our time sheets

Postby lobo on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm

We have a policy at work - I think, mainly for part-time employees - that you have to have your time sheet turned in by a certain day. If you don't have it in by that day, your paycheck is delayed until the following pay period. I'm sure that people who were late for some reason, and had to wait, thought it would have been nice if they had waited.

God is doing something similar, except that He is waiting. He is waiting for people to accept Jesus before He does the "Final Payroll"... He is very patient with us, but will only wait for so long. Why do people delay?

==============

Speaking of time sheets, suppose you just started working at a company. You're not hired, but you just go in and start working one day. You do a really great job. Then, time sheets come due, so you fill one out and turn it in. The response comes back, "Who are you? You're not on our payroll."

You can be the number one supporter of your church, teach Sunday School, help the hungry, and sponsor activities for the kids, but you also have to be covered by the Blood of Jesus. Otherwise, your name won't be in "The Book", and you'll hear, "Depart from Me, you worker of iniquity, I know you not." What a feeling of despair that will be...
lobo

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:55 pm

bam. excellent post

I've thought the exact same thing for those people who say "I'm a good person and am good to others."

If your not on the payroll, it doesn't matter what you do you will not get your reward
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Lobo's Thoughts