Prayers for local families

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Prayers for local families

Postby lobo on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:03 am

http://www.wdtv.com/news/local/46755552.html

Story Created: Jun 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM EDT

Story Updated: Jun 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM EDT

A Clarksburg man allegedly involved in five murders and four arson fires takes his own life Tuesday morning at a local motel.

Police say it all started Monday afternoon when Clarksburg Police got an envelope from a 45-year-old Clarksburg man named James Childers.

In the letter, and a 2-hour long audiotape, Childers confessed his involvement in four arson fires on Northcott Street and gave information on five homicides.

Since then, bodies have been recovered in Barbour and Braxton counties.

Police believe one of the murders happened last summer in Clarksburg, but there's no word on the victim's identity.

Tuesday morning, when police were in the process of obtaining a warrant for Childers, they received a shots fired call coming from the Town House West Motel on Route 50. When they entered the room, they found Childers dead of a self-inflicted gun shot wound.

There is no word on a motive for any of the crimes.

In Braxton County, police recovered the body of one person on Tuesday, who's identity remains unknown, and are still searching for up to three more on a farm owned by Childers' family. The first body was also discovered on the family's farm.

The medical examiner was in Braxton County and will then be heading to Barbour County to recover the remains of the first body discovered late Monday night. Until then, the Barbour County Sheriff's Department and the Clarksburg Police will continue to maintain the scene until the medical examiner arrives.

=====================================

The discovery location is about 15 minutes from where I live. I drove by the location twice in the last month. Clarksburg is 5 miles.

=============

Side note: I often go to the local Wildlife Management Area by myself. It's a good place to walk around and take pictures. However, I have at least a 1911 and 4 extra magazines on me. I was halfway expecting one to be found there, just because I go there alone...
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Return to Prayers & Praise