Job/School future etc. Prayer request

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Job/School future etc. Prayer request

Postby RevSears on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:11 am

So I'm really loving one of my 2 part time jobs. I've worked a ton at the youth center (juvi) and a full time position is opening up. It would mean i could take less classes at a time for sure. BUT school is expensive, I'm aggrivated at school and I feel like i'm doing practical ministry to these troubled kids in this job.

You know me. I worry. I worry about taking even longer to get that degree, and about getting to comfy here if my goal is still to pastor.

I've talked with God about it plenty. I felt if the door opened i'd step in. Well know my supervisor let me know it is indeed going to be opening. So i'll apply at least. if the door opens i'll walk in, but I just thought i'd ask you guys to pray with me on it.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Job/School future etc. Prayer request

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 am

You got it, Rev! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 am

I have to confess the idea of settling down up here seems really nice. getting a place, a dog, having a kid and not having to worry about staying light and mobile in plans for that future ministry that seems so far away, if it is ever out there. I'g got my foot in a doorway to a dream job w/ practical daily ministering opportunities.

But the burning my heart is to teach!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 am

I did learn that Heather's contract would keep her from working at the school for 2 full years after she finishes it. (she is contracted through a outsource group for her current school job)

That could make it a lot harder to stay in the area if we wished.

I'm trying to be patient and only cross bidges as I come to them.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:53 am

That does stink Rev. But of course who knows what will happen tomorrow, much less a year from now :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Matthew wrote:That does stink Rev. But of course who knows what will happen tomorrow, much less a year from now :D

I agree. God has a plan for you and Heather! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 am

So the full-time position became open today. i applied. (while at work there!) so let's just pray and see. for some reason i'm very nervous about it... oh wait i'm always nervous about jobs and such.

Also problem with the electrical wiring in the car :( could cost up to 2,000 for sure fix. Might have to patch it for now. As i still owe 1000 and something to the school for last semester. They are sending letters and want the cash now :(
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

Heard some very encouraging things from co-workers and would be supervisors about the full-time position.

Also had a very encouraging (although it might sound morbid) thought recently: A young girl died about a year ago that was saved while I was teaching. (generally those giving the alter call, don't do the counseling at New Hope) so I realized that while I may wish i was in the ministry side of things more right now, i can't say that my ministry wasn't worthwhile, God allowed me to take part in seeing that girl to Heaven! She had health issues then and it was a gift from God she lived that long. May sound morbid, but like i said, somehow it's comforting that even if i'm not in a pulpit right now, the effects of when i was are still out there and God is still working.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 am

It's always great to feel like you are following God. It's easy to see Him in our hind sight, but feeling His gentle pull and hearing His whispers in the present are hard to do. I hope that these encouragements are God's way of showing you what He wants you to do.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am

Just a little brief update, someone is interested in renting my trailer back in ky. This would be a huge finical help! Please keep praying.

I'm working alot of 12's and 16's right now. :( It's rough.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 pm

RevSears wrote:Just a little brief update, someone is interested in renting my trailer back in ky. This would be a huge finical help! Please keep praying.

I'm working alot of 12's and 16's right now. :( It's rough.

That would be great! You definitely need to get some rest :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:08 am

Yay ! down to one job, and full-time at least for the next 5 weeks. My official full-time interview is this thursday at nine. I'm hoping having already been given a full-time scheduale, and being asked to apply is a good sign. But it's really in God's hands, not mine.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 am

Good news! let us know how it goes.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:31 am

in a few more hours, was asked to work overtime, around my interview. (I'm already here) so this will make 16, including the interview. What a long day. then 8 hours off and back for another 8 :(
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:20 am

RevSears wrote:in a few more hours, was asked to work overtime, around my interview. (I'm already here) so this will make 16, including the interview. What a long day. then 8 hours off and back for another 8 :(

Lord,

Please be with my brother Sam. Give him the strength he needs both physically and mentally to tackle all the tasks assigned to him at work. When he gets home, please allow the rest he receives, though short in duration, to equal a full nights rest for his body and mind. Open doors of opportunity for him that have previously been closed so that he can share the Good News of Your Son.
We love You, Lord, and ask all these things in the Precious Name of Jesus,

Amen.
destros_elite

Next

Return to Prayers & Praise