Heather's ribs/side pain

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Heather's ribs/side pain

Postby RevSears on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 am

thankfully, no it's not the same place or the same level as mine from back in the day! but typing that gave me deja vu.

She thinks she pulled a muscle, but her physical therapist friend thinks it may even be a rib out of place. She is in plenty of pain and today for some reason our doctor's office phone line was busy all day :( Say prayer for her guys.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Heather's ribs/side pain

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 am

Any news?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:04 pm

You two and your side pains :D. I'm sure it's coincidence, but still strange that you both have/had these types of pains. Let us know what you find out.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:37 am

They think she pulled a muscle in her ribs, another a doc visit next wednesday, i'll post more then. Thanks guys.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby lobo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:59 am

Does it come and go, or is it constant? Does it happen after eating certain foods?
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby BigH09 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Hey everyone, the pain was constant no matter what I did, it hurt when I took a breath mostly, which is all the time (Thank God). :) I went to the ER and they ruled out heart disease, liver disease, cancer, pluracy, and a blood clot. The bill before the insurance is huge, but I'm glad that I went because I got pain medication that works. I'm no longer taking the medication and things are getting better. God has healed me! I am still sore and the Dr.s are still baffled about what I had. They called it inflammation of the intercostal tissues of the ribs, which caused that amount of pain. In plain English that means, "I don't know what you have, but take some pain meds and it will go away."

Anyway, I am feeling better and I can now do my job, which is most important. Thank you so much for all the prayers! God is great!
BigH09

Postby lobo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Costochondritis?

That's what the doctors said I had. It is the inflamation of the intercostol tissues of the rib cage. I had to lay in the fetal position for the pain to decrease. It only hurt when I moved or didn't move or when I breathed. Imagine jabbing a push pin in your ribcage as you breathe in and when you breathe out.

They gave me 500mg of naproxen and I was on prenisone a few days.
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby RevSears on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 am

I had that before (seperate issue from more serious rib pain) and I agree. She is better now and while uncertian this was the doc's guess too. The key factor is she is better!
RevSears

Return to Prayers & Praise