Shouting out some praise!!!

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Shouting out some praise!!!

Postby tr101al on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 pm

My family and I have been going through some difficult issues over the past two years. Some trust issues, some financial. We finally put the financial pieces to rest by filing for bankruptcy. Though I'm not proud of where my life has gone, this ended up being the only option. I was quite bitter for a long while due to reasons stated in the previous statements. I felt like we needed a fresh start. We have repaired our marriage and are moving towards better things. A week ago I applied for a position out of state within my field. Two days ago I received notice that I was chosen for the first round of interviews. Yesterday I had the interview, which I felt and the interviewer felt went well. Today I received the call that I was chosen for a second interview. The old me would be sick to my stomach and a basket-case. The new me who has found a peace in his life is excited about the future prospect, but yet ready to realize there maybe a different path for me. I've never felt such peace in my life as I have in the last few months.

All I ask is that you pray for me and my family as we embrace this new cross-road in our lives, and I want to thank you all for your up-lifting thoughts and comments as I am not able to attend a regular service on a noraml basis due to work schedules.

I've adopted a line from one of my favorite songs that has helped me through this time...from the Afters, "I'm never going back to okay, I'm never going back to easy."

If God wanted life to be easy, he'd never given us the ability to make choices. Though some of mine have not been wise, I can say I've learned from them.
tr101al

Re: Shouting out some praise!!!

Postby lobo on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 am

Switchfoot - Beautiful letdown:

In a world full of bitter pain, and bitter doubt,
I was trying so hard to fit in, fit in
Until I found out,
I don't belong here...

Easy living, you're not much like the name
Easy dying, you look just about the same
Won't you please take me off your list, easy living?
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Re: Shouting out some praise!!!

Postby tr101al on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks for the reply, Lobo. It's amazing how powerful lyrics can be in life. I'm having trouble sleeping due to the excitement of the next day's events. I've been listening to the Afters and Rich Mullins to help me calm my mind.
tr101al

Return to Prayers & Praise