Pray for my daughter...

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Pray for my daughter...

Postby destros_elite on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

My seven year-old daughter has been having some issues with anxiety. It has started to effect her daily life a little. We have set up an appointment with a counselor on April 19th. Please pray for her, my wife, and I as we go through this time. I know that the Lord will use this situation for our good and His glory and I know we will all be drawn closer to Him through this, but it is still very difficult. A specific prayer request for me would be for patience and to always respond in a Christ-like manner. If anyone of you have experienced this, then you know how utterly draining it is.
I thank you all in advance for your prayers.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Pray for my daughter...

Postby Matthew on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 am

Will do. I'd love to talk to you more about this, as it's something my wife has dealt with since we got married. Very difficult for sure. Send me a PM when you get time.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, my daughter had her first appointment a couple of weeks ago (had to reschedule the first appointment). The session went great and progress was definitely made. We have still had some issues in the days and weeks since then, but a baby step has definitely been made. Please keep all of us in your prayers.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 am

Keep us up to date Des!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 am

Wow, can't believe this thread hasn't been updated since May! Hope things are getting better.

I wanted to share a bit of triumph last night. My wife loves to sing and has an amazing voice. Over the past year she has been so discouraged about not being given an opportunity to use her voice for God. We prayed so hard about this, and over the last month she has several chances to sing, which is a huge praise. However, her anxiety has crept back in. Her anxiety started because of singing, and it is so frustrating knowing that her anxiety could curb the opportunities that we prayed for and that God provided. She struggled so much yesterday with the anxiety, and we prayed for strength, boldness, and peace because we know that all of this anxiety is from Satan.

Anyway, last night during rehearsal Leslie slayed the song, and Satan in the process. She said she's never sang like that before and it was if God was singing through her. It was a huge breakthrough for both of us last night in our faith and dependance on Jesus. Even as I type this I am tearing up just thankful for God providing for us.

She is singing this song Sunday morning, so if you read this, please say a prayer for Leslie, because I know that Satan and his demons will be out in full force Sunday morning.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Awesome.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Prayers & Praise