Possible move? Again? Just maybe?

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Possible move? Again? Just maybe?

Postby RevSears on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 am

This may not be very active, but you all have always been supporitive and a great sound board!

So I thought i'd request prayer. Me and Heather love Alaska but as that urge to have children grows, as we miss our family, including some recent passings, we have considered moving back. Heather's grandmothers house just opened up and it would be cheap. 30 minutes south is a juvenile treatment facility, and 30 minutes north is a calvary chapel. Mmm.... sounds neat doesn't it? Her Grandma wants to sell the house and move in with Heather's mom, I'd love to go back to being a full time student and finally finish up as I'm so close to being done... It's a serious option we are praying about. It would be Ohio, not Kentucky, but It would still be much closer.

Just say a prayer!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Possible move? Again? Just maybe?

Postby RevSears on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:15 am

We have received some clear direction! anyone who said prayers, we thank you! We are going back and will move at the beginning of next summer. Now we have to hurry up and wait! There are several job opportunities for each of us, but I do plan on finishing out my school first.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Awesome to hear! Just read this yesterday but didn't know what to post.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Praise the Lord, Rev! I'm so happy for you and Heather. I live about six hours from Cleveland and Cincinnati. Where in Ohio will you be?
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 am

We will be in Springborro, about 30 minutes south of the Dayton mall.

I know it's one step at a time, and I'm attempting to walk in faith. But right now i'm having a hard time not leaping a couple of steps ahead! I gotta wrap up what i have here. I love my job, and don't want to leave it, but I'm at the point in my schooling where I need to do a year long internship with a Pastor. I just don't think I can afford to not work up hre, and I never have plugged in perfectly at church here, in large part due to my job. This Job makes it difficult to have any kind of reliable scheduale to allow of that internship. I'm prayful that going in from the start, seeking an internship at a local Church will allow me to get plugged in the right way and right away. What pastor doesn't want a free worker to get his morning cofee and go do some visiting for him right? And of course once we get there we plan on working on that family we want to start! :mrgreen:
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Great news. And no matter what happens, you lived in Alaska!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:19 pm

chad_ghost wrote:Great news. And no matter what happens, you lived in Alaska!

Indeed! I'd fish so much if I lived there!

Rev, you'll be just a few hours from me, as I'm in southwest Virginia.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby destros_elite on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:Rev, you'll be just a few hours from me, as I'm in southwest Virginia.

Where at in Soutwest Virginia, Pyro? I'm located in Tazewell County.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby the pyromaniac on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Norton
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby RevSears on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 am

Which leads me back to the oft talked about meet up. Maybe next summer we s hould really try to set up a weekend after I get settled in and all meet somewhere in the middle.
RevSears

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm

That'd be cool. If anybody remembers Normus, he's about equidistant to me and Destro's Elite (about an hour away). There's several of us in this part of the country.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby destros_elite on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 pm

RevSears wrote:Which leads me back to the oft talked about meet up. Maybe next summer we s hould really try to set up a weekend after I get settled in and all meet somewhere in the middle.

You read my mind, Rev. I know we have tried in the past, but we will all just have to do it. It would be a lot of fun. Chad and Matt aren't too far away from Pyro and my area either.
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 pm

looking at this post it's amazing to hink God has brought us down here, and just at the right time to spend my mom's final time on this earth with her. God is excellent in timing things isn't he? Praise him!
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

Agreed. I stick to a quote that I heard that says "God always shows up, but is never early :-)"
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm glad you'll be there for her.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Prayers & Praise