the return and spread of my mom's cancer

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

the return and spread of my mom's cancer

Postby RevSears on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

say a pray for her pain and for her length of life. My mom's cancer is back, and has spread. The new cancer began in her spine and stayed there for awhile. Now it has spread to her hips, shoulders, a rib, and her skull rather quickly. My plans may be altered and I may need to move sooner. Very at a lost as to what to plan.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: the return and spread of my mom's cancer

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I will lift you and her up in prayer. I don't know what else to say, Brother, but I love ya and am praying for you.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Yikes! Definitely not good news, but I will pray for her.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am

Saw some stuff on Facebook. Any updates you can share here?
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 am

She has endured the first round of treatment. We are looking at a year, maybe plus. I'll be down in march and i'll be moved down in the first part of July. Mom has already expressed that she is tired of doctors, and will not do any chemo, but will continue to take radiation. She is simply down and depressed :( I try to talk to her every couple of days, and really look forward to spending time with her next month!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks for the update. Seriously stinks, and going through it takes a strong, upbeat individual. My boss has been doing treatments for almost 5 years, but has a great attitude. I know others that wouldn't have the attitude to be able to handle it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:33 am

It is officially stage 4, it seems as though this is going down hill at an accelerated pace :(

If you guys would like I can add you to the facebook group that's saying prayers. Just seeing high numbers there is an encouragement to my mom.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

RevSears wrote:It is officially stage 4, it seems as though this is going down hill at an accelerated pace :(

If you guys would like I can add you to the facebook group that's saying prayers. Just seeing high numbers there is an encouragement to my mom.

Sure.

At least you are going to be able to be with her during this time.
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 pm

My mom will be going to have a brain scan on Monday. THere is fear there is a new tumor in her brain. Mom has been acting more incoherent :( but hopefully that's due to the meds. Please keep praying. Our moving date is the tail end of June.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am

Prayed this morning for her. Please let us know when the scan comes back.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm

It's complicated but Mom lied bout every getting a brain scan, she has been refusing :( She got one yesterday and i have been keeping everyone in the facebook page up to date. What I am not sharing there but will here is that my parents are fighting over money, because they don't have enough. They inherited a small fortune from my Granny when she was placed in the nursing home, it is already gone and didn't all go to bills, much of it was simply wasted and a large chunk is thought to have been stolen by a "friend" with no proof. My dad says he will now live my mom. Yes even though she is dying :( Mom is attempting to walk when she can't etc and I am struggling with all this :( Please pray for me !
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Things just can't be easy, huh? I'll pray for you and your family.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Cancer marker has jumpted 579. 20 is an average person, 80 is "concerning" and anywhere in 300's is critical (according to the doctor) I wasn't even aware the number could go this high :(

Mom is struggling with the decision to call in hospice but has ended all doctors visits aside from pain management.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am

Not sleeping well tonight, tomorrow I help my mom re-write her will and living well with the lawyer :( putting in paper stinks, it makes it more real.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

RevSears wrote:Not sleeping well tonight, tomorrow I help my mom re-write her will and living well with the lawyer :( putting in paper stinks, it makes it more real.

Yikes, scary real indeed.
Matthew
The Mayor

Next

Return to Prayers & Praise