Might be buying a house...

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Might be buying a house...

Postby Matthew on Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

A few months ago a realtor friend told us about a foreclosed house that was going to be on the market soon. It is 2100 sq ft and was built it 2007, but has been empty for 2 years. She thought it would come up for $96000 which is amazing. It came up for $170000.

We were crushed, but still put a bid of $120000. They came back at $145000, then we countered $127200. They said $142000 is the lowest they could go.

Fast forward to yesterday, 5 weeks later. House still hasn't sold, but finally reduced to $153000. They came back and said that they would take $127000 net after closing.

The whole time this has been a long shot, but we knew that God had a plan and that His timing is perfect. We submitted an offer last night. Waiting...
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Might be buying a house...

Postby Matthew on Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 am

Well, our offer was accepted!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Awesome! Praise the Lord! I will be praying that the process goes quickly and smoothly so that you can close as soon as possible. :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:54 am

destros_elite wrote:Awesome! Praise the Lord! I will be praying that the process goes quickly and smoothly so that you can close as soon as possible. :D

Thanks, much appreciated. We have financing sorta taken care of. My great aunt is considering being our lender, but not sure at this point if that will work out. In the meantime we have other financing locked in.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Excellent! Now is the time to buy with interest rates as low as they are. I would encourage everyone to look into buying at this time if you don't already own. You might be surprised to find out that you can buy for a monthly price about the same as you are paying in rent. :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 am

Closing on Tuesday!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24 am

Felicidades! Congrats! Félicitations!
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Prayers & Praise