My son Avery Joe Sears

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

My son Avery Joe Sears

Postby RevSears on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

If your on my facebook you have seen a ton of pics already! But after some serious difficulty Avery Joe was born on the 6th. Life has been very crazy sense then but he and mom are on the up and up. He still has not regained all the weight he lost after birth, but he is close and continuing to thrive and be strong now.

If you didn't see it on facebook Heather labored at home (we were trying to do a home birth) for nearly a day. All in all it was 38 hours, 24 of that at 9" and Pushing like crazy (she thought she was at 10, more on that in a sec.)

God saw us through several problems. At home Heather felt the urge to push to soon and bruised her cervix. The mid-wives actually iced it and applied oils and called in an extra mid-wive. Heather still wanted to try to birth at home. The swelling did go back down. Wither she ever got to 10, or if there was always some bruising after that is up in the air but not important now. They tried to help Avery Joe to get past a very thin amount of Cervix but it did not help. She then began vomiting profusely and it took a lot of convincing to take her to the hospital. Once there she was severally dehydrated and still attempting to go as natural as possible (the Hospital had no idea how long she had really been in labor) She was so dehydrated they could not even get liquid out of her bladder ! She finally consented to a C-Section.

Poor Avery Joe came out with a double crown and a really stretched head. He had difficulty soon after birth, he was tongue tied, and could not push his tongue out of his mouth and required the white section beneath his tongue cut, but he was squirming, and too much was cut. Then his circumcision wouldn't stop bleeding and he lost a lot of blood, they tried silver nitrite and ultimate went with a horrible mesh that he was covered in for a few days. Due to difficulty eating and blood lose, he lost a lot of weight, 15 % and 10 is when they start to worry. We had to come back to the Hospital the next day after our release, and then to our doctor the next day, and then a week later. We had to carefully monitor his weight. Thankfully he did finally stop loosing and start gaining.

He went through a lot and he is going to be a tough little guy for it! We are very thankful for God's provisions through out. Heather too is healing well now after her C-section, it did take some extra time of course.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: My son Avery Joe Sears

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Congrats! That's a lot for you all to go through during a time like this. I'm glad things are looking up!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 am

we are currently battling colic but it looks like it's getting better since Heather cut out all dairy.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Yuck.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry I haven't posted. I'll leave topics in my open tabs for weeks, months, and even years when trying to reply.

The first 3-months are the hardest. I can't imagine Heather going through the labor that she did. Everyone has there own ways of child birth that works best for us, and we went hospital just in case something a hospital specializes in would have happened. Women are very opinionated when it comes to that stuff :-)

I really don't like the word colic, because it doesn't really explain anything and the issue is still there. Glad to hear Heather cutting out certain foods. I had a friend who's son was having digestive things. Turns out she has a wheat sensitivity. Her body wouldn't digest it and was passing too much to her son. Cut out wheat, no more problems.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm

it's true Matt the word Collic means nothing really, for Avery it is apparently lactose intolerance and acid reflux.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Ava was diagnosed with reflux, so we used sensitive formula and prilosec for a year.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Prayers & Praise