Prayers for a new place to live

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Prayers for a new place to live

Postby andrwfields on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 am

Madix and I have been in the same apartment for over a year and a half. It's a nice place and the rent is fair. With any apartment that is rented though, repairs never happen quite like we would want them to, and even though we are in a central location, I do an excessive bit of driving to get Madix to the babysitter (my mom) and we don't even live in his school district any more.

My grandpa has a house next to his that my aunt was living in for a long time. She recently moved out though to help her husband be closer to his work. This is the house I did a lot of growing up in.

Please pray for Madix and I as I'm going to speak to my grandpa tomorrow about moving in and renting the place from him. He's very old and crotchety, and even though he charges rent, he doesn't do or pay for any repairs. I'm going to make him an offer for a little less than what one of the other renters was paying him in return for me doing my own repairs.

It's a nice place, albeit small, but it would be perfect for Madix and I. And he would finally have a yard to play in instead of going to the park every day!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Re: Prayers for a new place to live

Postby RevSears on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Done!

and may i had your signature always convicts me and reminds me to pray at the moment i read these posts!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:23 am

It convicts me too! :lol:

That's why I made it my signature though.

Sadly, it doesn't look like we're going to be moving into that house. My grandpa seems to have someone else in mind to move into it. For the time being, we'll stay where we are. Hopefully, something will come along that is a better fit for Madix and I.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 am

In another update, it looks like my grandpa thought I was somebody else when I went to go see him. He actually thought I was my father (which is kind-of scary, because he hates him and vowed to shoot him if he ever saw him again) and that's why he didn't want me to move into the house. Still yet, he's going to ask his friend who's been renting a house in another town for about 2 years if he wants to move in there. If that guy says no, he wants Madix and I to move in.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Interesting twists of events for sure.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:58 pm

That's bizarre, well it may work out then!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby andrwfields on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:59 am

Well, I just got confirmation on Friday that I'm going to be moving! :D

I've got two plans being set into action because of this.

#1 Be ready to move out before the first of the month.
#2 Don't take any crap with me. I'm talking junk I don't need and stuff that isn't spiritually fulfilling.

I started last night by pouring out close to $200 worth of liquor that I've collected over the past 8 years. :cry:
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Well, the new place is coming along swimmingly! My dad and I had to get in and replace some flooring before I moved in, and some plumbing had to be fixed, but otherwise it's not too bad! I make little updates here and there as I go. One thing I have discovered about myself is that I quite enjoy miniature landscaping projects. I guess I didn't know before because I've never really had a place to landscape. But I've been outside several days just trimming plants, putting down mulch, and cleaning stuff up. I'm quite impressed with myself. :lol:

My next big project is to finish unpacking and organizing this place. I was setting a goal of unpacking a box a day, but that is just going too slow. I'm going to start taking it room by room until it is done. After that, I've got some stuff to clean up out in my yard to clear a space up for a fire pit.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:25 pm

:-D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Great! This sounds like a great start!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Prayers & Praise