Church in Turmoil

Whether it be good or bad, post here to let others now how they can pray for you and/or rejoice for you throughout life's many trials.

Church in Turmoil

Postby andrwfields on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I was out sick tonight, but my mom just came over to tell me that my pastor put in his 30-day notice at church tonight. He said that God was leading him in a direction that was different from the way the church wanted to go.

The causes of it are unknown but it is apparent that the church is split over this right now.

The only thing I do know is that this church is seeking its third pastor in just under a couple of years. It's not looking good. :?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Re: Church in Turmoil

Postby Wowboy on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 pm

A lot of churches are in turmoil right now.

It seems that we want to bicker about every mundane detail of doctrine and ordinance. While the answer may seem obvious... look to God and scripture... no one can even agree on the definition of that anymore.

What I think is happening is that Christendom as a social institution is being dismantled and we are witnessing it's last gasp. Those who have embraced false doctrines will know in their heart of hearts that they are false and they will not be able to endure the persecution that is to come, while those who have placed their faith in what is true will perservere.

See 1 Corinthians 3:11-13.

Personally, I think this is a good thing.
Wowboy

Return to Prayers & Praise