What about Meachem?

Though it may be the offseason, there is plenty of things to discuss concerning "the league." Talk about the upcoming draft here.

What about Meachem?

Postby Rockpop on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:03 am

Foxsports lists him as 2nd best wr, 16th overall.
Scouts lists him as 4th best, 31st overall.
It's reported he was the best wr at the combine.

Any thoughts where he goes?

Some teams looking for wr in the 1st round:
Jax
Tenn
Dallas
KC
Philly

Where he goes determines where he's picked in the fantasy draft as well. If he goes to KC or Philly, I'd draft him.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby Matthew on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:24 pm

Jax has some talent at WR, even though they've never lived up with there potential. I can't see them taking a WR in the 1st round.

Tenn really needs a WR. I could really see that here.

Dallas's receivers are getting old, but they have some young guys who have played well.

KC could really use him. Kennison is getting really old and just came off his worst season in 4 years.

Philly looks strong at WR, but they don't have a clear cut #1. Meachem could move right into the #1 role

Fantasy wise, I'd take Meachem same as you, KC or Philly. As much as he could help Tennessee, I don't see him producing under Vince Young like he would under McNabb
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Rockpop on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:11 pm

I think he goes to KC.

Tenn will probably drop Pacman and get Ginn to handle return duty and possibly wr3. You're right, if he's put at wr2 or wr3, with Young he won't see much production. Ginn has mentioned he wants to try CB position. Regardless, I'd take Tenn defense if the top 5 are off the board.

If Meachem does go to KC, I'd draft him and start him at WR3, even with Huard at qb.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby Rockpop on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Short bio on Meachem, if you're interested.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/n ... id=2796214
Rockpop
aka Solo

Return to Volunteer Fantasy Football League