David Carr in Carolina

Though it may be the offseason, there is plenty of things to discuss concerning "the league." Talk about the upcoming draft here.

David Carr in Carolina

Postby Matthew on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:15 am

Could this mean trouble for Delhomme? I know they've worried about him, know getting a backup with potential talent could mean something.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:42 pm

I don't know. The situation in Carolina just leaves me uneasy. I don't like them for fantasy picks.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Rockpop on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:21 am

"uneasy" is a very good description.

I think that if you take Delhomme, you just may need to handcuff Carr to him. NFL-wise, Carolina fans called for Jake's head early and often, and the coaching staff was clearly wanting a better option to try. If Carolina chokes, expect to see Carr, at least a few games.

I would not take Jake as my starting QB, because I would have to handcuff Carr, so a third QB would be needed. And by the time I had to pick a 3rd QB in the draft, the good ones would be gone.

However, here's the flip: Coach Fox squeaked by last year, but his job is most likely on the line this year. He's not going to put his fate in the hands of either QB. Plus, he's a run-heavy, let your defense win - type of coach. Look for DeAngelo Williams to have a BIG year.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Return to Volunteer Fantasy Football League