Highest you would take R. Bush?

Though it may be the offseason, there is plenty of things to discuss concerning "the league." Talk about the upcoming draft here.

Highest you would take R. Bush?

Postby Chuck Norris on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:59 am

I think number 6 is the absolute highest I would take him.

By the way, just listening to Jamarcus Russell talking, he says he can throw it 85 yards. One word.... Insanity.
Chuck Norris
does not sleep. He waits.

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 pm

I am still a little wary about him, but at the situation, 6 might be a good spot to take a chance.

As far as Russell goes, even I can go throw it 8.5 yards. Wait, you said 85 yards. It would take most people 2-3 throws to do that. Unreal!!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 pm

Hmm, as good as he is, Duece still be there concerns me. It's a really tough decision.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Rockpop on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Before the Sugar Bowl, Russell sat on his knees at the 50, threw the ball between the uprights -- 60 yards. If he goes to Oakland, his fantasy value will still be slightly above trash. At least he won't have the Madden cover curse, that will belong to V Young.

Bush....doubt I'd take him in first round.

A top 10 pick would be hard to justify. If I had pick 11 I would wait till rd2, pick #14; if I had pick 12 I would take him rd2, pick #13.

Looks like if Chuck draws a pick 7-12, hopefully he will waste his pick on Reggie. I've heard that's what happens to champions -- dilusions of granduer and such. :D
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby Chuck Norris on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Right you are Solo,

I think the toughest battle going into each draft is finding the right mix of drafting consistent players with just a few outliers who come through. So hard not to draft on farsical whims and stick with the evidence.

><> Saturday will be fun
Chuck Norris
does not sleep. He waits.

Postby Rockpop on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 am

It's all about having fun.

Draft strategy is extremely important. But you also have to have the nerve to pull off a trade, especially late in the season. You know, like picking up the 1st pick of the draft and go into the playoffs with the 1st and 3rd pick RBs.

chad_ghost won in 05 and took Reggie in 06.
Chuck wins in 06...hopefully he takes Reggie in 07.

Matthew's right, as long as Duece is playing, there will be cause for concern.
But, if Duece goes down before the draft, I could take Bush late in the first.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Return to Volunteer Fantasy Football League