Priest Holmes to join Chiefs in training camp

Though it may be the offseason, there is plenty of things to discuss concerning "the league." Talk about the upcoming draft here.

Priest Holmes to join Chiefs in training camp

Postby Matthew on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 am

How do you think this will affect the RB situation in KC? Do you think KC could still trade LJ contigent on Holme's progress?
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Rockpop on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:16 am

I think this is just leverage KC is trying to use to show LJ he's not going to get the big 80-100 mil $ deal. Priest wants to play, and has been cleared by all doctors, but I'll believe he'll play when I actually see him on the field on week 1.
KC management is in a win-win situation, and I'm sure they'll look to trade LJ even up to preseason week 4. They've made it known they want to focus on Croyle. If they don't trade LJ and they have to play him this year, they'll run him into the ground again 400+ carries.
Unless, of course, LJ gets "hurt" early in the season.

Fantasy-wise, this is a risky pick.

GB, Dallas, NYG have not expressed interest (to help keep asking price low) but have shown no support to their current RBs. Possibly looking at dealing next year. Of course, there's usually 1 or 2 interesting trades in the pre-season games.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Return to Volunteer Fantasy Football League