Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Not part of the Volunteer League but still want to discuss the obsession that is Fantasy Football? Post all your thoughts and inquires here.

Re: Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Postby destros_elite on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Well, my AL predictions were correct (except I didn't expect sweeps). My NL predictions...well, let's just say I could have done better...I predicted them both wrong.

So here are my predictions for the League Championship Series:

ALCS: Angels over Yankees in 7

NLCS: Phillies over Dodgers in 7

Now, do I WANT these results? No way! As a Yankee fan, I hope they win it all, but I can't help but feel the Angels are a special team this year. Personally, I would love to see the Yankees play Joe Torre and the Dodgers in the World Series, but we'll see.

The ALCS begins Friday night.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Rockpop on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 pm

A-Rod will choke. As usual. 7 games is too optimistic my friend.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the Angels are usually Yankee-killers. NY would have been much better off playing Red Sox.

I'm not a fan of the junior circuit AL. I'm not a fan of Phillies or Dodgers either. Dodgers have been solid all year, even when Manny went down to the 'Maternity League' for a while. It would be nice to see Torre win outside of NY. But it looks like I'll have to (slightly) pull for the Phillies this year.

If it comes down to NY & Dodgers....well, I'm an old man, I'll just go to sleep early :D
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby destros_elite on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, my predictions were wrong (Praise the Lord!) and A-Rod certainly didn't choke! :D I've already ordered my championship T-Shirt and will savor the flavor for a little while, but then comes the hard part...winning again in 2010. I highly doubt the Yankees will spend for free-agents like they did last year (though in doing so they actually LOWERED their payroll as contracts like Mussina and Giambi came off the books). They may go after a starting pitcher, some bullpen help, and an outfielder. I look for Matsui to be gone and I think they will try to keep Damon (though with Scott Boras as his agent, the price tag may be too high).
Now I can focus on my Dolphins and Spurs... :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 am

It's that time again. The marathon of the Major League Baseball season has begun! As you can tell, I am a HUGE Yankee fan. My dad raised me to love the Yankees. So which teams do you root for? It doesn't matter if you don't follow your team much, just post who you root for now or rooted for when you were younger.
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Let's go Dodgers!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:10 pm

It's hard to be disappointed in your team when they are tied for first in their division, but I am disappointed with the Yankees. If their starting pitching is strong, then the bullpen is shaky. If their pitching is good, the batting will go downhill. If they are scoring eight runs a game, the pitching will surrender nine. If they can ever get it together and play as a complete team for an extended period of time (preferrably late August through October :D ), they will be near impossible to defeat.
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Are you sure your not watching my Dodgers? :lol:

I remember when they had one of the best pitching staffs in baseball but couldn't score at all.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Once again yesterday, the Yankees couldn't score enough runs through 7 & 2/3 to support CC's awesome pitching performance. Then A-Rod hit a two run homerun to lift the Yankees to a 4-2 victory. It is so frustrating, like Matthew wrote about the Dodgers, when your team's pitcher does his job, allowing 0-2 runs but the team cannot score. Thankfully A-Rod woke up in time to save the day.
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Well, it's playoff time again. My Yankees finished up a three game sweep of the Twins Saturday night. Now they await the winner of Game 5 between the Rays and the Rangers.
I still feel that the World Series title is the Phillies to lose at this point. They have top notch pitching and all their batters and healthy and hot!
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Blah blah blah is all I hear. With the Dodgers out there isn't a reason to watch :D

Seriously, my Dodgers sucked this year.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Professor on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Well I have to say that I'll be watching the game tonight and hoping that Texas can win it in 6. By no means am I a Yankee or Ranger fan (Padre Fan all the way), but I don't like the fact that you can buy championships. It's nice to see when a team with a giant payroll is outperformed by a much smaller one. It happened back in 2003 when the Yankees went down to the Marlins and I hope it will happen again this year with the Rangers. Oh, by the way the Yankees had the highest payroll this year with $206 million (number 1 overall), the Rangers on the other hand $55 million(number 27/30).

In the National League, I am hoping that SF wins, even though they eliminated my PADS!
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby destros_elite on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:22 pm

LOL! I hear you, Professor! I am a lifelong Yankee fan and am in favor of a salary cap. HOWEVER, I am also in favor of a minimum cap as well, that is to say a team MUST spend at least x amount of dollars in payroll. As much a problem as the Yankees, Mets, BoSox, etc. are, the teams with owners that don't care about winning and only pocket the money their teams make are also a problem. I am also fully in favor of contraction in Major League Baseball. I know there would be many upset fans and cities, but MLB could really do without six teams or so. Which teams? That is open for debate. But it would make the league consist of the best of the best once again and eliminate AA players being big league players simply for the fact of filling out a roster.
But enough about how I would fix MLB. It is hard not to pull for the Rangers. They were the ONLY MLB team not to win a playoff series and one of three (Nats and Mariners the other two) to never play in a World Series. So I say Rangers in 6.
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am

Right there with you DE. We all think about overspending and teams like the Pirates not being able to compete, but that is what profit sharing was supposed to be about. However, like DE said, instead of these teams investing the shared profits, they pocket them.

But still, the fact that A-Rod makes more than the entire Pirates teams is pretty hilarious.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Well, this is an interesting year for my Yankees. Offseason issues. A solid start. A current slump and now current issues (Posada). But with a season that is ridiculously too long (162 games) you are bound to have your ups, downs, and sideways times.
So how is your team doing thus far? Chime in and lets get some discussion going back at Army4One! :D
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Well, they are the Dodgers, and well they are playing like the Dodgers.
Matthew
The Mayor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Fantasy Leagues