Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Not part of the Volunteer League but still want to discuss the obsession that is Fantasy Football? Post all your thoughts and inquires here.

Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Postby destros_elite on Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

I know it is still early and we are in third place, but FINALLY my Yankees are starting to play good ball! A-Rod coming back helped TONS! With him batting behind Tex...I don't think there is a better one-two punch in all baseball! Only problem is our bullpen. Not too dependable to put it mildly. I still think we need to put Joba back in the pen when Wang gets off the DL. Then if our starting pitcher can go seven innings, just hand it off to Joba for the eighth and The Sandman in the ninth...Good Night! Yankees win! Shoot, even if they can only go six or even five, Joba (being a former starter) could go three innings EASY. Anyway, I'm enjoying this 7-game winning streak! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Postby Matthew on Thu May 21, 2009 8:14 am

Blah Blah Blah. If baseball had a salary cap, how good would the Yankees be? If I through enough money at something, it would eventually stick to something :D

For a real team, head west to the team with the best record in baseball, and they have won 4 straight without Manny.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Thu May 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Matthew wrote:Blah Blah Blah. If baseball had a salary cap, how good would the Yankees be? If I through enough money at something, it would eventually stick to something :D

For a real team, head west to the team with the best record in baseball, and they have won 4 straight without Manny.

$23.8 Million for Mr. Ramirez? Mr. Murdoch is learning that to win, you must spend. However, for all the accusations of the Yankees winning with big named free-agents, the truth is they HAVEN'T. When they won (96,98,99,00), they hadn't begun the big spending days yet (Mussina, Giambi, A-Rod, etc.). Just to get my jab in...do you know who the World Series champs are with the highest payroll? 2004 & 2007 Boston Red Sox. NOT the Yankees. So the answer to "How did the Red Sox beat the Yankees?" is THEY BECAME THE YANKEES! :D
Seriously though, I love it when a team like Tampa or Florida has a great season with a low payroll, great scouting, and great talent. That's how baseball should be played!
It's great having someone to chat baseball with!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Fri May 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Going for win No. 10 in a row tonight at home against the World Champion Phillies. Should be a tough series as Ryan Howard should EASILY hit two or three homeruns this series, the way balls have been flying out of the the New Stadium. I know that no win streak lasts forever, but I would be happy with a 2-1 series win!
I'm also putting on my Braves hat (playing AL East Leading Toronto) and my Mets hat (playing AL East second place and HIGHLY DISLIKED Boston) this weekend. I always enjoy interleague play!
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Fri May 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Down 7-3 in heading to the Bottom of the 9th...RALLY TIME! (I hope :wink: )
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Sat May 23, 2009 4:37 pm

I'd like to see a salary cap in some ways. The problem with the Yankees spending money is that they always were getting veteran talent, which as you stated, didn't get them anywhere. Still, I'll always have a place in my heart for the Yanks because Donny Baseball is my favorite player of all time.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Sat May 23, 2009 7:41 pm

chad_ghost wrote:I'd like to see a salary cap in some ways. The problem with the Yankees spending money is that they always were getting veteran talent, which as you stated, didn't get them anywhere. Still, I'll always have a place in my heart for the Yanks because Donny Baseball is my favorite player of all time.

You are my brother from another mother! Donald Aurthor Mattingly Born April 20, 1962 who won the AL MVP in 1985, the AL Batting Title in 1984, and is tied for the highest fielding percentage of all-time among firstbasemen was my hero, too! He deserves to be in the HOF in my opinion (compare his numbers to Kirby Pucket's). Yes, Chad, No. 23 is THE MAN!

Now, my Yankees didn't rally last night, but MAN did they rally today! Down 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth...Damon led off with a walk and stole second. Teixera then struck out on three NASTY sliders from Lidge. A-Rod then battled to get his pitch, which he sent into the right field seats to tie the game at 4. Cano then singled and stole second. Cabrera then singled to right-center, bringing home Cano. Final Score: Yankees 5, Phillies 4. THE YANKEES WIN! T-HHHH-EEEEEE YANKEES WIN! :D

Oh, and I agree 100% on a salary cap in baseball ONLY if they also implement a MINIMUM amount that teams MUST spend. This would keep greedy owners from putting crap out on the field simply to put money in their pockets.
A salary cap tends to make leagues more competitve, which baseball could definitely use!
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 pm

honestly ... baseball has always bored me. Also with the steroid scandals i'm pretty disinterested in the sport.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 25, 2009 10:51 am

RevSears wrote:honestly ... baseball has always bored me. Also with the steroid scandals i'm pretty disinterested in the sport.

I can definitely respect that, Rev. Oh, and congratulations in advance of your 900th post! :D
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Well, with the Yanks win last night, coupled with Boston's loss, they were tied for first place! But Boston won today, putting us a 1/2 game back. But I like what I'm seeing! :D
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri May 29, 2009 3:36 pm

It is early, but maybe will see a LA/NY series :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Sat May 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Matthew wrote:It is early, but maybe will see a LA/NY series :D

With last nights win and Boston's loss, we are now in 1st all by ourselves. I'm with you, Matthew, it is early but how cool would it be to see Torre against the Yanks? :D
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm

The offense is clicking. The starting pitching is going deep into the game (meaning less chance for middle relief to blow the game). Everyone is getting healthy. For the moment, things are looking good in Yankeeland and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it while it lasts (and hopefully it will last at least through World Series Championship No. 27 this fall! :D ).
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am

I'm loving my Dodgers right now. Best record in baseball, and without Manny. If Manny comes back in July and gives them the boost he gave them last year, they will be unstoppable.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am

Matthew wrote:I'm loving my Dodgers right now. Best record in baseball, and without Manny. If Manny comes back in July and gives them the boost he gave them last year, they will be unstoppable.

I am surprised at how well they are playing w/o Manny. I always worry about team chemistry when an unhappy Manny is in the clubhouse. If Manny comes back and is happy, you guys can plan on being the NL Representative in the World Series.
destros_elite

Next

Return to Other Fantasy Leagues