Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Not part of the Volunteer League but still want to discuss the obsession that is Fantasy Football? Post all your thoughts and inquires here.

Re: Here we go Yankees, Here we go! (Clap! Clap!)

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 pm

I am pleased with how the Yankees are now preventing long losing streaks. They are going to lose from time to time, but the key is to keep it to one single loss and no more than two before you string another winning streak together.

Matt, your Dodgers are doing the same thing. That's what is needed to make the playoffs. In the '98 season (the Yankees had the greatest season ever...125-50 including the playoffs! :D ) the Yankees did not lose a single series! The 2000 Mariners I think duplicated that, if not they came close. It will be interesting to see if or who the Yankees and Dodgers pick up at the deadline. I heard this weekend that the Dodgers were interested in Glavine, but then I heard they weren't...who knows! :?:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 am

Boston 7, Yankees 0...I really can't stand the Red Sox. :evil: To borrow a line from Forest Gump, "And that's all I've got to say about that...".
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 am

:D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:47 pm

destros_elite wrote:I am pleased with how the Yankees are now preventing long losing streaks. They are going to lose from time to time, but the key is to keep it to one single loss and no more than two before you string another winning streak together.

Losing four out of five games and the only thing preventing a five game slide is an error by the Mets Luis Castillio, is not what I had in mind when I made my previous post. But that is what I love about baseball! You can lose 72 games and still earn the wild card because you won 90 games. Also, if you fail to hit the ball 70% of the time, you are considered a good hitter!

Gotta love baseball! :D
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

Yankees 15, Mets 0...and against Johanne Santana! Yesterday was a good day to be a Yankee fan! :D
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm

And the roller coaster ride of ups and downs which is the 2009 Yankee season continues. We are now four games behind Boston. I mean really! We lost two of three AT HOME to the WASHINGTON NATIONALS! Yes, the worst team in baseball! Things will get better...right?
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 am

Things have gotten better! The Yankees have now won seven straight games and have climbed to within 2.5 games of Boston( :evil: ). Our pitching has been pretty solid and our hits have been of a good variety (as in homeruns, but also small ball...moving a runner over, sacrifices, etc.).
Matthew, your Dodgers have been playing lights out! With their win last night they became the first team to 50 wins in the 2009 campaign. PLUS...Manny comes back tomorrow! Although I feel bad for Juan Pierre who has been playing stellar ball in Manny's place, but will now be sent to the bench.
My words of wisdom for the Dodgers...WATCH OUT FOR THE COLORADO ROCKIES. :D
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:05 am

destros_elite wrote:Things have gotten better! The Yankees have now won seven straight games and have climbed to within 2.5 games of Boston( :evil: ). Our pitching has been pretty solid and our hits have been of a good variety (as in homeruns, but also small ball...moving a runner over, sacrifices, etc.).
Matthew, your Dodgers have been playing lights out! With their win last night they became the first team to 50 wins in the 2009 campaign. PLUS...Manny comes back tomorrow! Although I feel bad for Juan Pierre who has been playing stellar ball in Manny's place, but will now be sent to the bench.
My words of wisdom for the Dodgers...WATCH OUT FOR THE COLORADO ROCKIES. :D

I'm really hoping that Pierre's play will make him good trade bait. The only problem is his insane salary.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Things were looking great four days ago. The Yankees were tied with Boston for first in the AL EAST. Then a dreaded west coast series against the Angels (who almost always seem to have the Yanks number). Sure enough, the Red Sox swept the Royals and the Angesl swept the Yankees. Back to three games behind Boston. Oh well...Homerun Derby tonight and the All-Star Game tomorrow night. It's a good time to be a baseball fan! :D
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Okay...the second half of the season began yesterday. What are your predictions?
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 am

Not sure. I feel a choke a la Cubs 2008
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Matthew wrote:Not sure. I feel a choke a la Cubs 2008

My fear for the Dodgers is that as good a first half as they have had, if they falter even a little...the Giants and Rockies are right there.

The Yankees win coupled with the Red Sox loss last night, put them in first place all by themselves. :D They now hold the best record in the AL and are within three games of the Dodgers for the best record in MLB!
destros_elite

Postby destros_elite on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 pm

It's been a while since my last Yankees update, but here it is!

They finished with the best record in baseball and own homefield advantage as long as they are in the playoffs. The look really good and begin post season play tonight against the Minnesota Twins. The Yankees SHOULD win it all this year, but many a good Yankee team has blown it early on in the playoffs in recent seasons.

Well, I was spot on about the Rockies and they darn near caught the Dodgers. They (the Rockies) are a dangerous team.

But here is my run down of all the playoff teams:

New York Yankees: AL East Champions. With the best record in the league, home field throughout the playoffs, and the all the weapons needed to succeed, this team was built for a championship. Anything less, would be a disappointment.

Boston Red Sox: Wild Card Winners. Though arguably the second best team in the league, they have begun to slump here at the end of the season. But they are no strangers to post season play (having won the 2004 & 2007 World Series) and know what it takes to win it all.

Minnesota Twins: AL Central Champions. The AL Central has proven to be the weakest division in baseball this year. After a dramatic, come from behind win last night to win the Central, they probably won't advance past the ALDS.

LA ANGELS: AL West Champions. A streaky team throughout the season, but a very dangerous team (especially when playing at home). Mike Scioscia’s team is playing with extra energy in memory of their fallen teammate, Nick Adenhart, who was killed by a drunk driver early this season.

Philadelphia Phillies: NL East Champions. They are the defending World Series Champions. ‘Nuff said.

St. Louis Cardinals: NL Central Champions. With Cy Young candidate Cris Carpenter leading the staff and mid-season acquisitions Mark DeRosa and Matt Holiday complimenting Pujols bat, this teams appears poised to make a run in the playoffs.

LA Dodgers: NL West Champions. After a fast start, this team has settled back to Earth after the All-Star break. It will be interesting to see if they can rebound enough to make the World Series that once seemed like a foregone conclusion.

Colorado Rockies: Wild Card Winners. One of the hottest teams over the second half of the season. They have what it takes to make some noise in the playoffs.

I will hold off on my overall predictions, but will post my predictions round by round.

For the first round I predict:

Yankees over the Twins in 4 games
Angels over the Red Sox in 5 games.

Cardinals over the Dodgers in 5 games.
Rockies over the Phillies in 5 games.

I am usually WAY off with my predictions, so don't put too much stock in my choices... :lol:
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:39 pm

I hope you are wrong :D. Really want to see my Dodgers advance.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am

Well, Matt, your Dodgers looked great last night. So did my Yanks. The Phillies won, too. So two of my three predictions look wrong so far! :mrgreen:
destros_elite

PreviousNext

Return to Other Fantasy Leagues