the lobo edition

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Postby lobo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Exercise - more of the same

Clergy pass - went over with letter, and the Chaplain wasn't there. Then, we got 5 inches of snow Wednesday that was cleared up by Friday... We also worked on a float for a parade Saturday, and are practicing for Christmas Cantata. Hopefully, tomorrow or Thursday I can make it back over...

Reading -
finished the pdf book Becoming a Martialist - Phil Elmore
almost finished A book of 5 rings - Miyamoto Musashi - http://samurai.com/5rings/
working on The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Acts 27

Got the 47th Samurai - Stephen Hunter on interlibrary loan. My dad is reading it now, my uncle will need to read it, then I'll need to read it by January...
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby lobo on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Got the Clergy Pass today.
lobo

Postby andrwfields on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:54 am

Congrats!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Great!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby lobo on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 am

I finished "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. It was bleak and depressing, but I had to see how it ended.

Renewed the "47th Samurai". I need to read it, "Monster Hunter International", and "White Star".

Working on "Leading quietly - an unorthodox guide to doing the right thing", the book of the 5 rings, and "the art of war".

I am up for preaching the next two Sunday evenings.

I added 5 pounds to each dumbell, so their up to 15 pounds now.

Last Tuesday after work, I walked about 3.5 miles roundtrip plotting out a road in a Wildlife Management Area with my $40 GPS.

I started my new shift this evening. It is 1:16AM, and I'm still alert and functioning... 5 hours, 42 minutes, and 24 seconds to go... :lol:
lobo

Postby lobo on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:45 am

Went for another walk last week. Super cold. Mapped out some more with GPS.

Finished "Leading quietly - an unorthodox guide to doing the right thing", and the book of the 5 rings.

Exercise:

There are 68 4" steps from this level to the parking lot. Not loaded down, I can take 2 at a time and make it to the top without dropping over when I get there...

Everything is getting thrown off working at night. Job search continues...
lobo

Postby Rockpop on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Be careful with that night shift. I worked it for 4 years. It will mess with you mentally as well as physically. It's easy for paranoia and dread to creep in when your working nights, for some reason. For most people anyway. Stay strong, and good luck in your job search.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Re: the lobo edition

Postby lobo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 am

Well, it's been about 6 weeks since I posted anything here...

I seem to have fallen off the wagon and rolled down over a hill with this 6 weeks thing.

I guess it's time to start back.

I had applied for one job, but they ended up canceling all the positions. Now, I'm looking into a Board of Regents Degree - may not have enough credits. And looking into online courses for things I want to learn and maybe do someday...
lobo

Re: the lobo edition

Postby lobo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:35 am

Had a cough and arm hurt about a month ago, so I have been working on the mental aspect... Need to get physical aspect caught back up.

We're having spring revival at church this week. It has been good so far.

Still working midnight shift. May go to day in summer.

Got a Basic Gunsmith certificate from an PSU online. They claim it's good. Hopefully it's at least work the paper it's printed on. Working on the Journeyman Certificate.

Have ideas for a couple of thoughts.

Webcomic is still "on the table", just pushed off to the side.

Men's retreat in a couple of weeks.
lobo

Previous

Return to 6 Weeks