The Pyromaniac edition

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

The Pyromaniac edition

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:24 am

Read my Bible every day.

Try to get my anger under control so I can be a better husband and dad.

Become more involved with the day to day ministries of the church.

Cut down on the unwisely large amount of Jolt I drink. Yes, I'm serious about this one. :D

Make more offerings to church of my money and time.

Continue the trend of exercising and eating healthier that has seen me drop from 293 to 258 pounds since summer.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 am

awesome to hear you doing this too. Can't wait to see your progress.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:53 pm

Monday, November 12

I did some good reading over the weekend, and only drank 1 Jolt in 2 days. I didn't eat anything too unhealthy either, so it's a good start.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby JustAGrl on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:48 pm

That's great. :)

It can be hard stopping with the caffeine.
JustAGrl

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:22 pm

JustAGrl wrote:That's great. :)

It can be hard stopping with the caffeine.

Thanks for the encouraging word... You don't understand just how out of hand it is... Ask any of the guys who have been around Joecustoms.com (especially NoRmus, who also happens to be my cousin and former roommate). Jolt pretty much replaced vegetables/fruits as one of the 4 food groups for about 9 years. :?

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 am

I know how addicting Jolt can be. Best energy drink ever. But trust me, your liver is in love with you right now. :lol:
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:29 am

I know my liver loves me for this one... Ya see, me and NoRmus took Jolt addiction to a new level for years.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby JustAGrl on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 pm

How are things going?
JustAGrl

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Not too well so far, I had to take the wife to the ER again today.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby JustAGrl on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:06 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:Not too well so far, I had to take the wife to the ER again today.

:( Is she okay?

I know when I am really stressed it is hard for me to focus on things. You guys are both in my prayers.
JustAGrl

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:32 pm

She's OK now, but it's been a pretty tough week. Yesterday was the third trip to the ER in 8 days and they still didn't admit her. They did give her a painkiller, which seems to have helped a lot.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:31 pm

I am sure it is hard to focus on being a better you when your wife's health is not good.

Maybe this is something you both could work on together. That may make it easier to keep on track and be a great way for both of you to work toward your goal.

Hope everything is good with your wife. You both are in my prayers.
JustAGrl

Postby andrwfields on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 am

How is your wife and the Jolt addiction coming? I had one of the Blue Raspberry Jolt's the other day and it was magical.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Return to 6 Weeks