What stops you up?

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

What stops you up?

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:42 pm

What stops you from acheiving your goals? Maybe we can learn something from each other!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:30 am

Laziness and procrastination are my 2 big things I struggle with most.
JustAGrl

Postby Raider on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:25 am

I would say persecution but people have told me lately it’s probably just doubt.

And too much Dr. Pepper.
Raider

Postby Matthew on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:05 pm

I think for me there are 2 things.

1. Making it more about completing the goal rather than doing it to get closer to God

2. Weekends. I heard someone say last week that God doesn't stop. When weekends come around, I can miss up to 3 days because I don't "have time." When actually, I probably have more time on weekends.

I'm not sure if I answered the question :)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby MacGyver on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 am

JustAGrl wrote:Laziness and procrastination are my 2 big things I struggle with most.

*raises hand* That's me. :) And a healthy dose of "easily distracted."
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby andrwfields on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:56 am

I think my ego/pride/need to be accepted is what gets me. I try so hard to look good in front of my friends sometimes that I lose control of myself. Sam and I used to say that when we were around some of our friends, they brought out the worst in us. Really though, it is us that bring out the worst in ourselves.

I am also one that feels like I don't have the time for bible study, prayer, and other things that I need to do.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Return to 6 Weeks