Round 4: Feb 18 - March 31

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Round 4: Feb 18 - March 31

Postby Matthew on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Well, I'm going to try a different approach this time. I'm not making specific lists of what I'm going to do each day, but only a general lists of goals I would like to reach. They are all contigent on putting and keeping Christ first in my life. I'm going to show my progress more in a blog format this round as well. Here are the things I would like to improve on.

1. Keeping Christ first
2. Starting each day with a quiet time in prayer and the Word
3. Praying – Continually and especially times of temptation
    1 Thessalonians 5:17
    17pray continually
    Matthew 26:41
    41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
4. Spritual Leader - Reading the Word and praying with my wife as often as possible
    Ephesians 5:25-26
    25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word,
5. Physical Leader - Become more physically active, for my future and to also help motivate my family as well to be physically active
    1 Corinthians 6-1-20
    19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

My major goal is to pray to the Lord about these things and to seek Him.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Round 4: Feb 17 - March 30

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Day 1, Feb. 18

All in all, a good day. Still really having trouble praying in times of temptation. I'm still too prideful, like I think I can do it myself. God has started revealing some cool stuff to me outside of the Word. From hearing tidbits of preachers on the radio or reading a Christian book, I feel like God is speaking to me, letting me know that He is hear and has always been here for me, so long as I turn my eyes upon Him.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Round 4: Feb 18 - March 31

Postby Matthew on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am

Day 2, Feb. 19

kind of a rough day. Still really struggling with handing God the reigns. I still want to try to find validation in things of this earth, instead of finding validation in my Lord and Savior. Still trying to get the physical and spiritual leader stuff off the ground. I really need to pray more. I always see satan's foot stuck out trying to trip me, but I still trip on it evertime. When I struggle with satan, it is so hard to humble myself to pray to God for strength. I'm still focusing on elimanting the "pink elephant," which tends to take my focus away from God and place it more on the struggle.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 am

Day 3, Feb. 20

Well, satan seems to be attacking. Yesterday wasn't a bad day per se, but I didn't spend time with Lord. Satan is creating a gap, and without prayer and the Word I cannot span the gap. I'm setting myself up for failure if I don't focus on the Lord with all I have. It has been difficult to do exercise stuff with Leslie, mainly because she has 4 late days a week and doesn't get home till around 8:00 3-4 nights a week. I really need to start exercising without her so it'll be easier to exercise together. Spiritual leader stuff is the same. Satan is trying to take away the time Leslie and I spend together, and especially the time we spend together in the Word.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Happens to the best of us bro.

As for me, I haven't started my new 6-Weeks because things have been so crazy at home lately with the new job.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:51 am

Days 4-7, Feb 21-24

Seems like I still can't get past giving everything over to God. I try to have a relationship with him and live my life like Christ, yet I don't pray and don't dive into the Word. It's like I'm swinging at a baseball without a bat. Still not really achieving any of my goals, but still working on keeping Christ first.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:25 am

Day 8, Feb 25

Yesterday was better. I did 2 quiet times, but still not spending enough time in prayer.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Day 9, February 27

1 step forward and 10 steps back. Whenever I'm tempted I hear the whisper from the Lord. It's almost like he gives me an opportunity to come to him, and in that split second I can choose him or sin. It's so much harder to choose him.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby thea on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:24 pm

of Matthew: I am laughing --

so like Jesus to keep us panting after the water brook!!

My soul thirstest after the Lord!! Isaiah had it right in Isaiah 55:2 - "why do you struggle for that which satisfieth not"
"let your soul delight in fatness" in the Lord.

Just keep thanking Jesus for where you are right now. I love watching the struggles you are going through knowing that I had the same struggles - and Jesus brought me out

In HIS time, HE makes all things good in HIS time. And Jesus does just that for us.

thea
thea

Postby Matthew on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Days 10-15, Feb. 26 - March 4

Well it's been hard going and hard to stay on top of. Not much has changed. Still can't give control over to the Lord. I feel like the couple in the New Testament who sold there land to follow Christ, but kept some of it for themselves. I know there is no way for me to change if I can't give God the reigns. I'm really struggling with forgiving myself and accepting God's mercy. It's like I feel that I'm not worthy. Satan has been really good lately. I also need to really watch him. He sneaks in, and I don't call upon the Lord. How do I expect to beat the fathere of lies by myself. Anyway, that's where I am.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby thea on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Matthew:
I see and feel your pain. I know it is hard.
Psalms 50:14-15 are the scriptures I stood on for years just to keep going.
Ask - then Thank Jesus for supplying your needs - (this is what I Thessalonians 5:18 is telling us to do) and then watch for miracles in your life.
Quit hitting yourself over the head -- because "There is NOW no condemnation for them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1)
I read a fellow once who said that he found he could not do anything right. So he just told Jesus "Jesus I just cannot measure up to what I think you want." He said it was an amazing short period of time before things started changing for him, because he quit doing anything for himself.
All Jesus wants of us is for us to "Thank HIM, for every breath of air we breath." We can do nothing to be "good enough" -- as he has already done all necessary when he shed his blood on Calvary. It's HIS blood covering that he gave us (EPHESIANS 1) -- oh yes, Satan will give us a big run for our money and try to get us to forget that it isn't us -- IT"S JESUS!!
Praying that Jesus will be very real to you this day.
thea
thea

Postby Matthew on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks thea.

I'm still really struggling. It's funny, this morning I was thinking that I really need to give myself up to prayer, but then had trouble and almost didn't pray. The first 2 Rounds I did, I feel like I really had a purpose and I was really seeking my goal. Since starting Round 4 (and really the end of Round 3), I really haven't felt motivated to stick to this. I haven't started much less met any of the goals I stated in the first post of this topic.

There is a Story Side B song that is hitting me hard right now. Here are the lyrics to the chorus
when I feel like caving in
my heart my soul is wearing thin
I just want to give up
nothing seems at all to add up
can you hear me Lord?
my face is down upon the floor
its then you whisper in my ear
be still and know I'm here

God's voice is like thunder and can make the heavens and the earth with a few words, yet he chooses to come to our level and intimatly whisper to us. It's almost too amazing to believe.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Days 16-19, March 5-9

Everything is starting to play out. It's nice, but disheartening too because I know this is when the devil strikes the fastest and hardest. I really need to dive into the Word and in Prayer. I may go back to following an outline format, in order to keep a progress log, but still keep a mini-journal of where I am.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Day 20, March 10

Just like I thought, Satan really hit me hard yesterday, and he won. I'm still really struggling with identifying Satan's lies, and still struggling with bringing my temptations to the Lord.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 am

Day 21-27, March 11-17

wow. can't believe it has been 7 days since my last post. Thing are still going forward. Still struggling, but I feel like I am seeking God more and more. I don't think the blog format is going to work, because it doesn't help me keep on track. I think for Round 5, I'm going to focus on fewer things. Still working those out though.
Matthew
The Mayor

Next

Return to 6 Weeks