It's Time - Andy - Round 3

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

It's Time - Andy - Round 3

Postby andrwfields on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:32 pm

I've put this off for far too long.

It's time to get my life back on track. Since the beginning of the year I've been tumbling down the rabbit hole with no hope for seeing the light again.

If I don't grab the rope right now and pull myself back up, I fear I won't ever make it out.

It starts today.

Goal 1: Pray Again. At least once a day. God and I have been silent to each other and I miss that connection.

Goal 2:Read again. I've got to stimulate my faith. Feed it again, if you will. It's been starving.

Goal 3:Depend on God again. I've been trusting too much of the world.

Goal 4:Get healthy. I can't talk about it yet, but I've got something that may require me to be as fit as I can possibly be.

It starts today.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Re: It's Time - Andy - Round 3

Postby Matthew on Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:26 pm

awesome Andy! My next round should start soon. Really need to seek God in prayer before starting a un-God led list
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Already done.

It's going to be really hard. I'll be the first to admit that.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:49 am

Monday, March 31, 2008

I prayed once yesterday. I didn't take time to read anything. I think that when I don't spend time worrying, I'm depending on God. I'm getting better with my health, each day.

My major downfalls for health are Starbucks and fast food. At Starbucks, I've been customed to getting drinks filled with sugar and fat. And I haven't had time to eat at home much lately because I'm barely ever there. But I'm starting to get drinks with non-fat milk and sugar-free syrups and I'm eating food at home again.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm

You have any ideas on what to read yet?
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

Tuesday - Wednesday, April 1-2, 2008

I prayed once on Tuesday but not on Wednesday. I read a chapter of Velvet Elvis on Tuesday.

Well, I did everything I set out to do on Tuesday. But Wednesday was horrible. Let's leave it at that.

I've got a pretty bad headache today, so I don't know how it's going to go when I go home.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Ah, satan at work. He knows just how to get us. Keep it up!

Hopefully I'll be starting Round 5 in the next few days. Just need to hammer things out with God on where to go with it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Matthew wrote:Ah, satan at work. He knows just how to get us.

Satan...Starbucks...either way. It was a bad day yesterday.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 am

Yay Andy! Great to see you back in the game. I love reading your posts.

I'm trying to get in better shape too and it is hard. It is so much easier to eat crappy. Plus I find it more expensive to eat healthly. :-/ I guess things that are really worth it take some effort and sacrifice.

Are you reading the Bible or do you have a book in mind that you are going to read?
JustAGrl

Postby andrwfields on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:42 am

Well, I want to read the Bible, but I can't seem to find a place to start. I read 2 John a couple of nights ago because it was so short.

Right now I'm reading Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis." It's pretty good, but I'm starting to dislike some of it.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Elaborating more on the reading part:

I was thinking just now about the books I've read lately. I haven't read a book since Wild at Heart that actually motivated me to put my faith in action. The Donald Miller's, Shane Claiborne's, and Rob Bell's have been great for getting me to think, but God doesn't want us to just sit at home and think, does He?

I'm still hoping to join/put together an in-person Bible study group. The online thing was nice, but there was no accountability so nobody stayed interested. Church is nice, but there isn't any connection. I want to be productive again.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:22 am

Thursday - Sunday, April 3- 6, 2008

I didn't accomplish much. I read a little bit. I prayed a couple of times. Overall I had reverse progress.

And it hurts.

But I've got Extra-Strength God-In-All and I plan to take a heavy dose.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:41 am

gotta work through the tough times. I have times like these which really push me towards God, then pride steps in I think about how good "I'm doing," then I realize that I'm not with God at all.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:36 am

I've been slipping. I've not prayed in quite a few days. I've not read a thing. And I've definitely not been depending on God. Health is not that good either.

The pain is going deeper. I really want to bring myself out of this long rut, but I don't think I trust myself to be sincere about anything anymore.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:26 pm

hey man, saying a prayer for you right now. Just know how scared Satan is right now. He knows how much you want to draw near to the Father, and he hates it. If he wasn't scared, he wouldn't be doing this to you. Stay strong my brother.

Sometimes I find it hard to pray, especially in times like this. It's almost like I don't even know what to say to God. I heard a song at Easter that said, "When I don't know what to pray, I say the name <Jesus>." It's amazing. Sometimes I just say Jesus over and over.

Remember, we are all here for you.
Matthew
The Mayor

Next

Return to 6 Weeks