It's Time - Andy - Round 3

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Re: It's Time - Andy - Round 3

Postby andrwfields on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:32 pm

I was reading a little further over what Jesus had to say about prayer. He talked about being faithful when you pray. He mentioned something that caught me and stuck me with along the lines of, "Fathers, when your son asks you for fish, do you give him a snake?"

God has really given me some good fish this week. He's reminded me that he's going to give me what He wants to have, not what I want to have. Luck is when we ask for the things that God already intends to give us.

These past few days have been better. It's still rough. No time for reading like I want to yet, and prayer is still low (but apparently it's effective).
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I love seeing progress revealed from God. It's like he is waiting for you to get to a point and then he sheds light on the subject.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:28 am

Had a pretty relaxing day yesterday. Read a little bit of Velvet Elvis. Wrote a little bit. Went fishing (caught a 1 1/2 bass). And ate mostly healthy!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:11 am

I've been sick the past few days. It's a virus going around but I think I'm on the mend.

I haven't gotten much done since my last post. I want to work on it, but for some reason I don't follow through.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 am

allergies and sickness are running rampant. get well buddy.
Matthew
The Mayor

Previous

Return to 6 Weeks