6 weeks to a better me

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Postby JustAGrl on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:06 pm

Wow, I think it is cool you are willing to do this in an open forum. I don't think I am humble or brave enough to post what you have posted.
JustAGrl

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:25 am

Day 23 - Tuesday October 16

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read 6 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read 6 pages of Wild at Heart
Read Galatians 1

Today was better, but it still amazes me how quickly I can turn from God and try to be independent and on my own. Humbling myself before the Lord has been hard, and trying to rely on Him for everything and do everything for Him.

btw, hit the half way point on Sunday. I'm really want to use the next three weeks to distance myself from anything that doesn't bring me closer to God.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am

Day 24 - Wednesday October 17

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

I'm coming down with a cold of some sort and crashed on the couch at 9:00.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:27 am

Day 25 - Thursday October 18

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read Galatians 2

Still have some sort of cold, so physical exercise is out. Still being disobedient. I finally getting sick of my sin. I hate it, and am fed up. I'm tired of the space the it puts between me and God.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:43 pm

Day 26 - Friday October 19

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read 9 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read Galatians 3

Day 27 - Saturday October 20

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

Still sick, but getting better. I talked to a friend of mine on Friday and he is going to be my accountibility partner and vice versa. I am so glad that God has crossed our paths because I think that we both need the encouragement and strength right now to focus our lives contently on our Lord.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am

Day 28 - Sunday October 21

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

Day 29 - Monday October 22

Physically
20 push-ups

Spiritually
Read Galatians 4

still getting over my cold, and still refusing to rely on God. I was tempted all day yesterday, but never prayed for strength. I'm more focused on my sin (pink elephant) and what 'I' can do to resist it, instead of seeking the Lord.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:44 am

You're still posting here. That shows me that you still want to acheive your goal.

Keep up the faith and the strength bro!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Matt, I wanted to ask you about how you started this. Did you plan this out or was this something that just popped in your head? I was curious to know how you came about this idea and what you did to make it come into full swing.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:54 pm

andrwfields wrote:Matt, I wanted to ask you about how you started this. Did you plan this out or was this something that just popped in your head? I was curious to know how you came about this idea and what you did to make it come into full swing.

it really just came into my head. I had two books on my night stand that I wanted to read. Every Man's Battle mentioned that the habit I struggle with can be beaten in 6 weeks. Looking at a 6 week timetable, 6 pages a day were very doable. I also 6 weeks would be a good time frame to do physical working out as well. Plus, by just doing simple at-home excercises I wouldn't have to get a gym membership and I wouldn't get extremely sore at first from weights (i have a tendency to overdo weights without working up)

hope this answers your question :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 am

Day 30 - Tuesday October 23

Physically
15 push-ups x 3
30 crunches x 2
10 sit-ups

Spiritually
Read 7 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read Galatians 5-6

Definately getting back on trap. It's awesome to know that Paul went through what we all go through. This blows me away

Romans 7:17-25 (The Message)
    17-20But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.

21-23It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

24I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?

25The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:39 pm

Awesome verse Matt! That really helped me out today.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:44 pm

andrwfields wrote:Awesome verse Matt! That really helped me out today.

I read this in Wild At Heart last night and it blew me away. I think the Message translation really helps to make it more understandable.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:52 pm

I really need to re-read that book.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:38 am

Day 31 - Wednesday October 24

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read Song of Songs 1
Matthew
The Mayor