6 weeks to a better me

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:57 pm

We all have our tough days.

I am following along and rooting for you! :)
JustAGrl

Postby Matthew on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:21 pm

JustAGrl wrote:We all have our tough days.

I am following along and rooting for you! :)

thanks!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:13 pm

Day 33 - Friday, October 26

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

Day 34 - Saturday, October 27

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read 25 pages of Wild at Heart

It's been a great couple of days spirit-wise, but now I need to buckle down and get back in the word before Satan finds a loophole and trips me up.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:14 am

Day 35 - Sunday, October 28

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read 6 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read 6 pages of Wild at Heart
Read Chapter 2 of Song of Songs

Another great day of the Lord! I really need to get in a routine physically though.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:31 am

Day 36 - Monday, October 29

Physically
went walking

Spiritually
Read 6 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read Chapter 3 of Song of Songs

6 days left, and I'm behing schedule. I think I can buckle down mentally, physically and spiritually and meet my goals.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 am

Day 37 - Tuesday, October 30

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Read 7 pages of Every Man's Battle
Read Chapter 4 of Song of Songs

Looks like I am actually on target. Hopefully this last week will get me in a physical routine as well.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:04 am

Day 38 - Wednesday, October 31

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
FINISHED Every Man's Battle!
Read Chapter 5 of Song of Songs

May need book suggestions. Any ideas? I'm thinking about "Mere Christianity" or "Captivating." I also may throw in "The Hobbit" to get me into reading more for enjoyment.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am

The Hobbit would be good. As far as a Christian book, I strongly recommend either "The Irresistible Revolution" or "Blue Like Jazz."

Here is a synopsis of "The Irresisible Revolution" from the Zondervan website:
[quote]Using unconventional examples from his own life, Shane Claiborne stirs up questions about the church and the world, and challenges readers to truly live out their Christian faith.

Many of us find ourselves caught somewhere between unbelieving activists and inactive believers. We can write a check to feed starving children or hold signs in the streets and feel like we’ve made a difference without ever encountering the faces of the suffering masses. In this book, Shane Claiborne describes an authentic faith rooted in belief, action, and love, inviting us into a movement of the Spirit that begins inside each of us and extends into a broken world. Shane’s faith led him to dress the wounds of lepers with Mother Teresa, visit families in Iraq amidst bombings, and dump $10,000 in coins and bills on Wall Street to redistribute wealth. Shane lives out this revolution each day in his local neighborhood, an impoverished community in North Philadelphia, by living among the homeless, helping local kids with homework, and “practicing resurrectionâ€
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:42 pm

Day 39 - Thursday, November 1

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

Day 40 - Friday, November 2

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

I have two days left, and not really a good way to finish out. I'm learning alot though, and am really stoked for Round 2. I've learned alot about the Lord, and myself, and have actually become interested in reading. I think with the second round I really need to build off of what I have learned.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Matthew on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:25 am

Day 41 - Saturday, November 3

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
nothing

Day 42 - Sunday, November 4

Physically
nothing

Spiritually
Finished Every Man's Battle!
Read Chapter 6 of Song of Songs

My six weeks is over. Today is a good day. I've learned alot, and have more goals now. I'm going to read "Blue like Jazz" after Andy and another friend both recommended it.

Also, Church yesterday was amazing. I feel I'm learning more and more about the Lord. I've learned that I am a slave to him, that Jesus died for me, so I must live for him. Here is an analogy I've been working on, and it helps keep things in perspective.

I live on a ranch of the Lord. The ranch has a river running through it that I have been instructed to keep clean and pure. The Lord also instructed me to build a fence to keep sin out. It is my job to keep everything impure outside the perimeter of the fence, because it can damage the my wife's garden that she keeps for the Lord. Anything impure that I let in will damage my wife's garden and damage my relationship with the Lord. When things are good, I sit to the right hand of God, with my wife beside me. We enjoy all that he has given us and delight in the relationship we have with Him.

This is hard, but having this mental image is comforting. I'm getting ready to start Round 2. I appreciate all your prayers and thank you all for your support.
Matthew
The Mayor

Previous

Return to 6 Weeks