6 Weeks - Andy Edition

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Postby andrwfields on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Day 29 - December 03, 2007

Prayer - Three times

Reading - Little bit here and there, Romans 2

Christlike - Can't remember anything

Soda and Candy - Boo me.

Went to bed late, woke up late. Work hates me.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Day 30 - December 04, 2007

Prayer - Once that I remember

Reading - None

Christlike - Nada

Soda and Candy - Boo me again
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:53 am

Day 31 and 32 - December 05 and 06, 2007

With all this moving business, it's been hard to get much of anything acomplished.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:40 am

Days 33 through 35 - December 07 through 09, 2007

I previously said that it was hard to accomplish anything with trying to move. What I meant, was any of my personal goals when I don't have a task this big. I've actually accomplished a lot over the past couple of days. But I haven't prayed that much, read anything, done anything Christlike, and I've had candy and soda.

Once the move is over, I'll be right back on track.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:38 am

andrwfields wrote:Days 33 through 35 - December 07 through 09, 2007

I previously said that it was hard to accomplish anything with trying to move. What I meant, was any of my personal goals when I don't have a task this big. I've actually accomplished a lot over the past couple of days. But I haven't prayed that much, read anything, done anything Christlike, and I've had candy and soda.

Once the move is over, I'll be right back on track.

stay strong Andy. I feel that times of distraction have a sneeky way of keeping us away from God. Hopefully you can get back on track soon.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Day 36 - December 10, 2007

Prayer - Once

Reading - You guessed it! None

Christlike - None

Soda and Candy - I consume whatever is around cause I don't have time to plan out meals right now. It's rough.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 am

Day 37 - December 11, 2007

Prayer - I prayed at least once I know. I had a very thankful evening though!

Reading - ....None

Christlike - I'm trying on that one

Soda and Candy - Until after I finish the move itself (that doesn't include unpacking) I have no hope of accomplishing this goal. Good news is that I'm almost done moving!
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Day 38 - December 12, 2007

Prayer - I prayed twice, but they were prayers said in frustration, anger, and exhaustion. I guess they still count, but I hate coming to the Lord in anything but a thankful and worshipping mood. I know we should bring the troubles we have to God, but sometimes I just feel like that is all I do.

Reading - Started Romans 3 but didn't finish it all the way.

Christlike - I've really let that one go...

Soda and Candy - You know how that went.

I've made a decision (and I might have already said it) that I'm not going to start my Round 2 until after the holidays. I need a recovery stage from everything and I think those few days will be just the ticket. This will give me a good amount of time to evaluate how I did and think of what changes I want to make next.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 pm

andrwfields wrote:Prayer - I prayed twice, but they were prayers said in frustration, anger, and exhaustion. I guess they still count, but I hate coming to the Lord in anything but a thankful and worshipping mood. I know we should bring the troubles we have to God, but sometimes I just feel like that is all I do.

I think God wants us to take everything to him. He wants to share our lives with us, whether it good, bad, or happy, sad. I think by venting God you are actually strengthening your relationship with him.
Matthew
The Mayor

End of the Road

Postby andrwfields on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:11 pm

Days 39 through 43 - December 13 through 17, 2007

Prayer - Here and there. At least once a day... I hope.

Reading - Did a little of my bible studying.

Christlike - Not in a long time. I've done little things for other people, but I just didn't feel it.

Soda and Candy - Let's not talk about it.

It's been rough and it's been long, but I've enjoyed it. I can definitely see when my ups and downs were and why I hit them. I'll put more into that later.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Here were my goals:
1* Pray two meaningful prayers at least twice a day.
2* Read at least one chapter from a book in the Bible or another book.
3* Do something Christlike at least once a day.
4* Stop drinking soda and eating candy.

Tally of the days I accomplised what I wanted out of this six weeks:
1 iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
2 iiiiiiiiiiiii
3 iiiiiiiiiiiiii
4 iiiii

Out of 43 days, I had 5 whole days (just five?) added together that were completely successful as far as accomplishing my goals. I prayed at least twice a day 36% of the 6 weeks. I read at least a chapter out of the bible or from another book almost 30% of the 6 weeks. I did something Christlike for another person at least 32% of my days during the 6 weeks. I've stopped out soda and candy almost 12% of the days during my 6 weeks.

I'm really impressed that I increased my prayer life that much because my starting number was around 0%! Reading was not much of a let-down because it's a time consuming thing and time is not something the good Lord has accredited me with. I was happy with my numbers for doing something Christlike. It's nice to do things for other people. Soda and candy was just a big dissapointment.

This helps me see what I need to work on during my next 6 weeks.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 am

Great reflection. Can't wait to see your next Round.
Matthew
The Mayor

Previous

Return to 6 Weeks