6 Weeks - Andy Edition

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

6 Weeks - Andy Edition

Postby andrwfields on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Matt has inspired me. This is something that I've been wanting to do since the third day that he started it. I think we all know who stopped me from doing it for this long. Even now, he tries to stop me from posting this. My start date is today and my end date is December 17, 2007.

Here are my goals:
* Pray two meaningful prayers at least twice a day.
* Read at least one chapter from a book in the Bible.
* Do something Christlike at least once a day.
* Stop drinking soda and eating candy.

Day 1 - November 5, 2007
Prayer: Twice today already!

Reading: Romans 1

Christlike: Done.

Soda and Candy: I've drank a Mountain Dew today and I've had a lot of cough drops. Are cough drops more medicine than candy?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Congrats on a great first day! :D

I would definately say cough drops are medicine more than candy....unless, you aren't sick and are just eating them for fun. LOL

I think it is great that you are doing this as well. I will be following along!
JustAGrl

Postby andrwfields on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:36 am

Day 2 - November 6, 2007
Prayer: Two times

Reading: Romans 2

Christlike: I gave away more cough drops and medicine, but I could have done more.

Soda and Candy: I had a Pepsi this morning without even thinking about it. This is going to be hard! Aside from that, more cough drops.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:56 am

Day 3 - November 7, 2007
Prayer - 3 times!

Reading - Romans 3 (but I don't think much of it soaked in, so I'm going to re-read it today)

Christlike - Nothing

Soda and Candy - No candy but I did have a Diet Pepsi. I went out for lunch yesterday and the place I went to didn't have anything but soda. They had water (which I should have got) but I didn't want it.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 am

andrwfields wrote:Day 3 - November 7, 2007
Prayer - 3 times!

Reading - Romans 3 (but I don't think much of it soaked in, so I'm going to re-read it today)

Christlike - Nothing

Soda and Candy - No candy but I did have a Diet Pepsi. I went out for lunch yesterday and the place I went to didn't have anything but soda. They had water (which I should have got) but I didn't want it.

what made me quit buying sodas and drinking water more was simply a matter of cash. If I could get water for free, it made more sense, and actually helped me quit drinking them.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:07 pm

I'm addicted to caffeine. That's what compels me to drink them.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:02 pm

andrwfields wrote:I'm addicted to caffeine. That's what compels me to drink them.

touché
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:50 pm

Matthew wrote:
andrwfields wrote:I'm addicted to caffeine. That's what compels me to drink them.

touché

Me too...

And NoRmus...
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:55 am

Day 4 - November 8, 2007
Today was a bit of a let down for myself. But I'll work harder tomorrow!

Prayer - 1 time

Reading - None (So now I need to re-read 3, and then pick up 4 and 5 of Romans)

Christlike - Nothing

Soda and Candy - NONE! Although I did have a beer last night, and that's carbonated like a soda. I don't count beer because I never drink it often (in fact, it will probably be another month or two before I have the next).
andrwfields
Constable

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:27 am

andrwfields wrote:I don't count beer because I never drink it often (in fact, it will probably be another month or two before I have the next).

Much like my wife... She likes beer but I think in 4 years I've seen her drink 5.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby andrwfields on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:12 am

Day 5 - November 9, 2007
BACK ON TRACK!

Prayer - 2 times

Reading - Romans 3, 4, and 5

Christlike - Done.

Soda and Candy - NONE!

==========================

Day 6 - November 10, 2007
Lazy Day

Prayer - 1 time

Reading - None

Christlike - Nothing.

Soda and Candy - I had a Sprite

==========================

Day 7 - November 11, 2007
This was a very spiritually moving day for me.

Prayer - More than I can count.

Reading - None

Christlike - Done.

Soda and Candy - None!
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:47 am

Day 8 - November 12, 2007

Prayer - Only one time...

Reading - None

Christlike - Nothing.

Soda and Candy - I had a Ginger Ale last night because I thought it might make me feel better. I've had a pretty rough cough for the last week.

On a side note, I had some books come to me in the mail. I'm getting ready to look into Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods and Searching For God Knows What by Don Miller.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 pm

We all have our off days. At least the soda you have been having has been caffeine free. :) When I am sick I always have Diet Sprite or diet ginger ale.

Hope you are feeling better! :D
JustAGrl

Postby andrwfields on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:17 am

Day 9 - November 13, 2007

Prayer - Once

Reading - I've been reading the Rick Warren book, but no Bible

Christlike - Done.

Soda and Candy - I had a Dove Chocolate and a ginger ale last night.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:19 am

Day 10 - November 14, 2007
Without going into specifics, this was a really bad day.

Prayer - Once

Reading - Nothing

Christlike - Nothing.

Soda and Candy - I had a ginger ale at dinner and then I think I ate a Reese Cup before I went to bed.

I worked at Gamestop on this day and I believe it was the first time I'd had to do that right after working my primary job while on my 6 Weeks course. It showed me that there just isn't enough hours in the day.
andrwfields
Constable

Next

Return to 6 Weeks