6 Weeks - Andy Edition

We want to seek God with our whole hearts, bodies, and souls, so we're going to seek Him 6 weeks at a time.

Postby Matthew on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:03 pm

Well, Praise God you have another day. I can see where the 2 job 60 hour weeks could leave you with no time.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:22 am

Day 11 - November 15, 2007
A long day with nothing accomplished.

Prayer - None

Reading - Nothing.

Christlike - Nothing.

Soda and Candy - I had some candy yesterday and a couple of ginger ales.

I've fell off the track these last couple of days and I regret it very much. I'm going to be working at Gamestop again tonight, but I'm going to try and do my reading today before and after I go in.

I'm going to use tomorrow to catch up with everything.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Day 12 - November 16, 2007
Another long day with nothing accomplished.

Prayer - Once

Reading - Nothing.

Christlike - Nothing.

Soda and Candy - I had a couple of ginger ales yesterday but I think it's time to cut those out again as I'm not as sick as I was.

I didn't get to do any reading like I hoped that I would. Gamestop is getting busier by the day with the holidays drawing closer.

I'm going to do my reading this weekend.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 am

Day 13 & 14 - November 17-18, 2007
A pretty good weekend. I didn't accomplish any of my goals though.

Prayer - Once on saturday and a bunch on sunday

Reading - Read over the Rick Warren book. Looked over Romans 1 again.

Christlike - Done.

Soda and Candy - I drank a bunch of soda this weekend. :( No candy though.

I think I'm going to change how I do my reading. I not only want to read the Bible, I want to study it. I'm not going to be doing my daily reading out of Romans anymore. I'm going to focus on the Rick Warren book, then Donald Miller, then Michael Franzese.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:19 am

Day 15 - November 19, 2007
Okay day for me.

Prayer - Once

Reading - Read over the Rick Warren book. Looked over Romans 1 a little more.

Christlike - Not that I recall

Soda and Candy - One soda. Le sigh.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Day 16 - November 20, 2007
Getting ready for TURKEY DAY!

Prayer - Once

Reading - None.

Christlike - None

Soda and Candy - One soda.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:13 am

Day 17 & 18 - November 21 and 22, 2007
Pre Turkey day and Turkey Day

Prayer - Once each day

Reading - None.

Christlike - Done with satisfaction

Soda and Candy - Ugggg. Let's not talk about this one....

Time to get back on track!
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am

Days 19 through 21 - November 23 - 25, 2007
Aftermath of Turkey Day

Prayer - Once or twice a day. Amber and I have decided that we need to make a real effort to pray before each meal and to pray together.

Reading - None.

Christlike - Done

Soda and Candy - I drank soda. It was bad. I had candy and it was also bad.

I'm hoping now that all of this Thanksgiving madness is over I can get back on track. I've learned a lesson from the last few days.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Day 22 - November 26, 2007

Prayer - Twice!

Reading - None. (Didn't have the time.)

Christlike - None that I can think of

Soda and Candy - Two sodas :(

Amber and I talked a lot last night. We've been so busy over the last few weeks that I felt I didn't have time to catch my breath. She was getting upset with me because she noticed how burnt out on things that I was getting. We talked about making time for each other to have quiet time a little more each day and during the week because we aren't getting enough of it.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:55 am

Day 23 - November 27, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods and Romans 1

Christlike - DONE

Soda and Candy - NO SODA OR CANDY

WOOT! I accomplished so much yesterday and I had so much to do. Glory to God for providing me with strength and time!
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm

andrwfields wrote:Day 23 - November 27, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods and Romans 1

Christlike - DONE

WOOT! I accomplished so much yesterday and I had so much to do. Glory to God for providing me with strength and time!

Awesomeness!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Day 24 - November 28, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - Tried to pick up on new Donald Miller book

Christlike - none

Soda and Candy - Soda with dinner. Boo me.

They say that time is of the essence. I guess I had no essence that day either. Lol.

==============================

Day 25 - November 29, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - Tried again at the Donald Miller book

Christlike - DONE with much happiness

Soda and Candy - One soda. Boo again

Good day of work and then early to bed. I'm hoping to get a lot done this weekend.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:18 pm

Soda is a tricky one. Once you are in the habit of drinking it sometimes becomes automatic to pick one up and start drinking it.

Are you trying to give up soda because to be heathly? Diet soda isn't exactly healthy for you, but it doesn't have any calories so at least if you slip uo you don't feel quite as bad. ;)
JustAGrl

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:39 pm

Yeah, for health and to save me from sugar! I realized that I had a bad addiction to sugar filled products. I (mostly) drink juices, coffee, and water now. If I'm going to get sugar out of something, at least I'll fool myself to think it's from a natural source.
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:02 am

Day 26 - November 30, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - Read a few pages of Searching for God Know's What

Christlike - none

Long but good day.

Day 27 - December 01, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - none

Christlike - Nada

Soda and Candy - One soda.

Work just really through me off for the day.

Day 28 - December 02, 2007

Prayer - Twice

Reading - none

Christlike - Done

Soda and Candy - One soda. Made candy and ate it. Boo.

Didn't go to church and it really through me off. I always feel off-center when I don't go.

Amber and I have been praying before most meals that we eat together. I'm trying to remember to do it on a personal meal basis too, but that's not so easily done. As far as this soda and candy thing goes, I think it's going to be really hard until after New Years.
andrwfields
Constable

PreviousNext

Return to 6 Weeks