Romans 8 - 01/27/08 to 02/02/08

Join us as we explore the wonders and the mysteries of the Good Book. The greatest part about studying this book is that you get to know the Author! This forum is open to the public.

Moderator: andrwfields

Romans 8 - 01/27/08 to 02/02/08

Postby andrwfields on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Here are some links to Romans 8:

New International Version
New Living Translation
King James Version
New King James Version
The Message
New American Standard Bible

Lobo's Link:
Romans 8 - A New and Wonderful Life in the Spirit

Isaiah 64:4 (New Living Translation) wrote:For since the world began,
no ear has heard,
and no eye has seen a God like you,
who works for those who wait for him!
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Re: Romans 8 - 01/27/08 to 02/02/08

Postby lobo on Fri May 09, 2008 1:48 am

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

So...

For whom He did foreknow

He knew all of us before we were born.

He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son

Everyone has a whole inside they are trying to fill. It is meant to be filled with God. That is how we were designed from the beginning. When you add free will into the equation, people get to have a choice. We can choose to do things the way they were meant to be, or we can go off track and do things our own way.

I wonder if there are certain times in our life when the Spirit is calling us, and we are supposed to be saved at that time. If we choose not to, maybe we'll make it to the next time. If we keep doing that, the odds drop each time. Someday, we may not feel the calling. What a terrible state to be in!

I think God knows what we will ultimately do. Some may wonder why He would keep trying for the lost - seems futile, doesn't it? I don't think there is a greater love... God created Hell for the devil and his angels, so He knows what it is going to be like. He's giving us every opportunity to not go there. He won't override our free will - He just waits at the door, knocking...
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Re: Romans 8 - 01/27/08 to 02/02/08

Postby andrwfields on Fri May 09, 2008 7:02 am

Imagine the heartbreak of God. To always know that this certain person was never going to accept your offer to join you in heaven, but to keep asking anyway.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Return to Bible Study