Your walk

Join us as we explore the wonders and the mysteries of the Good Book. The greatest part about studying this book is that you get to know the Author! This forum is open to the public.

Moderator: andrwfields

Your walk

Postby lobo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

How has your walk with God been lately?
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Re: Your walk

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

lobo wrote:How has your walk with God been lately?

How is yours? :)

Mine has been kind of rocky. Ever since I got married in August, I really haven't been as diligent. Sometimes I feel busier or more tired, but I know that is Satan trying to pull me off course. I feel like I was more of a spiritual leader before we got married, which really stinks.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby lobo on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm not exactly sure.

I'm the assistant Sunday school teacher for my class, and have been filling in since October for the regular teacher. I seem to be doing ok there. We are in the story of David - 2 Samuel 17 or so. I'm learning, hopefully others in the class are, too. Heading for marriage in May.
lobo

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:19 pm

lobo wrote:I'm not exactly sure.

I'm the assistant Sunday school teacher for my class, and have been filling in since October for the regular teacher. I seem to be doing ok there. We are in the story of David - 2 Samuel 17 or so. I'm learning, hopefully others in the class are, too. Heading for marriage in May.

I really like the Samuels. There is a lot of information though.

How is the marriage planning going?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 am

For a while now I've thought of mine as a backpacking trip. Sometimes you reach those hills that you just don't think you can make it up because your pack is too heavy. I've also thought of it like I am pushing a rock up a hill that is too heavy for me to push.

I'm not sure what the rock is though. On sunday at our evening service we sang "Mighty to Save" at the alter call. There is a line in the song that says "Savior, you can move the mountains." I started thinking, wow, He who moves mountains will have no problem with this rock (or heavy pack :D)

That was Sunday, now I'm realizing that even though the rock isn't in my way, I really don't know which direction to go. I need to dig into my travel guide :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:03 am

Matthew wrote:For a while now I've thought of mine as a backpacking trip. Sometimes you reach those hills that you just don't think you can make it up because your pack is too heavy. I've also thought of it like I am pushing a rock up a hill that is too heavy for me to push.

I'm not sure what the rock is though. On sunday at our evening service we sang "Mighty to Save" at the alter call. There is a line in the song that says "Savior, you can move the mountains." I started thinking, wow, He who moves mountains will have no problem with this rock (or heavy pack :D)

That was Sunday, now I'm realizing that even though the rock isn't in my way, I really don't know which direction to go. I need to dig into my travel guide :D

Very nice analogy, Matthew! I will have to use that in Youth Group one evening.

My walking is...going. I guess that is a good way to describe it. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm not where I once was. I really need to step up my quiet time with the Lord. I rush it too much and do most of the talking and not nearly enough listening.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am

hard? My faith and walk have been very shakey in a lot of areas. At times i Struggle with God's purpose for me, or even his existence. I'm being honest here. But i've been examing things a lot harder (apologtics, philosphy etc.) and overall i think my faith is emerging stronger. I am struggling with school/preaching etc. Same ole story there. Work is keeping me out of church a lot. It's been frustrating. But i did get to teach the teens at church for the first time here today... err yesterday , of course thanks to work i've bene up 24 hours :(
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby lobo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm

I've often wondered if midnight shift was slowly killing me when I worked it - but I was able to go to church more than this shift...

I think of the song/verse:

Better is one day in Your courts...
lobo

Postby Matthew on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

destros_elite wrote:Very nice analogy, Matthew! I will have to use that in Youth Group one evening.

My walking is...going. I guess that is a good way to describe it. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm not where I once was. I really need to step up my quiet time with the Lord. I rush it too much and do most of the talking and not nearly enough listening.

Last night at our evening service my pastor talk about the Ark of the Covenant. About how after "the presence of the Lord" was taken by the Philistines, no one even looked for it. Then David came along, went and took it back, only to have bad things happen because he didn't consult with God on it. His intentions were good, but not what God had intended.

lobo wrote:Better is one day in Your courts...

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:21 am

Better late than never!

I'm enjoying studying my Bible again. I think that starting back with smaller books has helped me because I feel like I am accomplishing more. :lol:

In other areas though, I am struggling with work and my purpose there. In all honesty, they don't pay me much, I don't get many hours, and I have a lot of responsibilities when I am there (a lot more than what I paid for). On top of that, I feel a lot of conviction for selling people the things I sell them. When I see a parent let their kids get games that are so graphic that I wouldn't play them, and that kid is the same age as mine, I feel guilty. I know it's that parent's choice to let them have that, but I feel like I am enabling them to get that, and I'm not sure that is what God would be wanting me to do.

I'm almost willing to go back to Starbucks just so I can sling java all day and get free drinks while I'm there. At least the customers there aren't almost literally buying sin. If I do make a decision to leave, I'm going to wait until after the first of the month to go, because I want to give my boss time to go to his conference and let the store have time to settle down.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Return to Bible Study