Ezekiel Chapter 1

Join us as we explore the wonders and the mysteries of the Good Book. The greatest part about studying this book is that you get to know the Author! This forum is open to the public.

Moderator: andrwfields

Ezekiel Chapter 1

Postby destros_elite on Mon May 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Recently I read Ezekiel chapter 1. It quite literally brought me to my knees. When you read of the cherubim around God's throne and how they guard His holiness; it is absolutely amazing just how holy the Lord is! So when I read this I was awestruck with a mere thought of the infinite holiness of God and tears welled up in my eyes. Yet in that same thought I saw the other side of that coin...how infinitely sinful and dirty I am. At that thought a great sense of fear welled up inside of me of how I have sinned against a holy God. But just then, His Holy Spirit reminded me of how much God loves me and paid the price for my sin against Him with the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. In Isaiah we learn that not only did Jesus bare our sin, but He BECAME our sin and that it PLEASED GOD TO CRUSH HIM!!!!!

"Amazing Love! How can it be that You, my King, should die for me? Amazing Love! I know it's true and it's my joy to honor you, in all I do, I honor you."
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Ezekiel Chapter 1

Postby chad_ghost on Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 am

I'm always amazed at God's divine message. I remember reading Ezekiel Ch.1 and being utterly confused at what he saw in that vision, yet God can take the exact same words and touch your heart.

I've reread certain passages that spoke to me once, yet now they don't carry the same message. His word, unchanging, changes us when we need it most.

"How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God"
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: Ezekiel Chapter 1

Postby Matthew on Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm

chad_ghost wrote:I'm always amazed at God's divine message. I remember reading Ezekiel Ch.1 and being utterly confused at what he saw in that vision, yet God can take the exact same words and touch your heart.

I've reread certain passages that spoke to me once, yet now they don't carry the same message. His word, unchanging, changes us when we need it most.

"How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God"

Agreed. Ezekial was a tough one for me to even get through. I'm reading 1 Corinthians now and it's like I've never read it before
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Bible Study