Who is your favorite G.I. Joe character?

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

Who is your favorite G.I. Joe character?

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:50 pm

There are hundreds of characters in our beloved G.I. Joe mythos. But of all the characters, which one is your favorite and why? If you are having a hard time deciding, go ahead and list a top five. :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Who is your favorite G.I. Joe character?

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 am

Since Flash is my favorite figure, I often list him as my favorite character, even though he doesn't have much backstory. I think I'd have to go with Hawk or Snake Eyes if I really dug down deep into the actual character. Zartan is also an awesome character.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Similar to yours, Matthew.

1) Snake-Eyes
2) Flint
3) Zartan
4) Hawk
5) Shipwreck
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby Zanyboy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:15 pm

1. Shipwreck
2. Zartan
3. Cobra Commander
4. Wild Bill
5. Barbeque
Zanyboy

Postby destros_elite on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Zanyboy wrote:4. Wild Bill
5. Barbeque

Awesome! You don't see these two listed as favorites that often. If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd like to know your reasons for these two being in your top five. :D
destros_elite

Postby Zanyboy on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 am

My name is Bill, which initially drew me to Wild Bill but it was the way he was portrayed in the comics and cartoons that made him grow on me.

Barbeque just stood out to me as being so cool and so different when he was released. It might have been due to the fact that he came with an axe. A freakin' axe! ....And a fire hose! Plus, the mask added to his mysterousness.
Zanyboy

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:22 pm

1. Cobra Commander
2. Storm Shadow
3. Destro
4. Serpentor
5. Zartan

Its hard to order them, but def CC well above everyone else.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Captain Tomorrow on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 am

In no order:

Snake Eyes, he's so awesome, and when I first got the Ninja Battles set, some said I looked like him.
Flint, my first figure when I got back into Gi Joe, and he's both an officer and a helicopter pilot.
Stalker, because he is the stealth guy, and arguably Snake Eyes' closest friend on the Joe team.
Beachhead, he's tough as nails, and was also a team trainer.
Wreckage, who was one of my first figures, who I thought was cool because he had a mask, so I first used him as a ninja commando of sorts, which sort of worked for him.
GOD BLESSES EVERYONE!
Captain Tomorrow

Postby RevSears on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:06 pm

quick list:
1. CC
2. Se.
3. Barrel Roll
4. SS
5.Flint.

why?
1. I love the downtrodden everyman gone terribly evil type. This is totally based on the Comic CC btw. He at times could very evil and in the end even killed his own son!
2. He was the voiceless cursed hero. I loved him as a ninja as a kid, and prefer more commando from him as an adult but he is w/o doubt among the best of both worlds.
3. He had so much potential! he could be the military version of Se and his brother wouldn't have to go back and forth, just stay a bad guy. He could express his anguish unlike Se. He just was never really fleshed out enough sadly.
4. I'm so conflicted here. I probably have more figures of him than anyone else. I loved him as the bad guy gone good, yet he is also an excellent foil to Snake-Eyes. He can't be both but whatever he is, he is an awesome ninja/assassin in white.
5. He always seemed younger and cockier than Duke. A leader whom the audience could grow with and see make mistakes (unlike perfect duke) Flint was my fav Toon leader.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Professor on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

1. Zartan
2. Copperhead
3. Shipwreck
4. Cobra Eel
5. B.A.T.

I think I liked/like Zartan the most because of the color changing effect, which in the Arizona sun was just about the coolest thing back then. Likewise, Copperhead, Shipwreck, and the Eels were always fun to play with in the pool with the Water Moccasin and Transportable Tactical Battle Platform. To cap it - B.A.T.'s - android troopers were just too cool.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Professor wrote:I think I liked/like Zartan the most because of the color changing effect, which in the Arizona sun was just about the coolest thing back then.

What about the character? I love the way he was portrayed in the comics, especially his inner turmoil between good and evil.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 pm

chad_ghost wrote:
Professor wrote:I think I liked/like Zartan the most because of the color changing effect, which in the Arizona sun was just about the coolest thing back then.

What about the character? I love the way he was portrayed in the comics, especially his inner turmoil between good and evil.

Totally agree, Chad. DDP did a great job in spotlighting his conflict.
destros_elite

Postby Rockpop on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Flint, all the way.

It would be hard for me to list a top 5 or 10. Would usually change. But there were the usual suspects...SE, SS, Zartan, Destro, Mutt. Barbecue (my dad was a firefighter).
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby destros_elite on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:55 pm

Rockpop wrote:Flint, all the way.

It would be hard for me to list a top 5 or 10. Would usually change. But there were the usual suspects...SE, SS, Zartan, Destro, Mutt. Barbecue (my dad was a firefighter).

Very cool. I can relate. I loved Shipwreck because looked like my dad and Cutter because he was in the Coast Guard like my dad.
destros_elite

Return to Joes & more