G.I. Joe Season 3 and 4

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

G.I. Joe Season 3 and 4

Postby Professor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a DVD release of season 3 and 4 of the G.I. Joe cartoon that was produced by DIC and not Sunbow. I understand that many don't care for the lower quality show, but it would be nice to have the entire collection. I never watched it as a kid, but have seen bits and pieces on the internet. Any thoughts?
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Re: G.I. Joe Season 3 and 4

Postby RevSears on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 am

I might buy, but I don't think the rights to that series are out of the redtape yet. Maybe if the sunbow stuff sells really well they may try harder to work it out.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm like you, Professor, in that I never watched it as a kid, but what I've seen online has been just okay. My main reason for not liking it was that it was then I began to get out of the toys. So the characters they were promoting didn't appeal to me as much as they did in the Sunbow produced cartoons.
But I haven't heard anything about them being released yet. I would think they would eventually though.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Professor on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Yeah I was the same way, I remember when Cobra-La came out with the movie and I thought to myself this is kids stuff. That's when I stopped playing as a kid when G.I. Joe went from military operations driven to mutants and spores and such.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby destros_elite on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah, after the 1986 series of toys (which I loved), I maybe picked up 5-10 figures over the remainder of the run (like Falcon and '88 Storm Shadow).
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 am

I'm with all of you. Never watched the DIC stuff. Honestly it's hard for me to watch the originals. If I didn't have the nostalgia of watching them as a kid I would probably loathe them. Chad and I were talking about this yesterday. Remember when Iceberg turned into a Killer Whale? That's all I have to say :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Matthew wrote:I'm with all of you. Never watched the DIC stuff. Honestly it's hard for me to watch the originals. If I didn't have the nostalgia of watching them as a kid I would probably loathe them. Chad and I were talking about this yesterday. Remember when Iceberg turned into a Killer Whale? That's all I have to say :D

LOL...It was like Cobra had an 'Island of Doctor Moreau' in the Arctic Circle or something like that. Totally corny episode. I remember one from earlier in the run that there was some big pink blob germ that was on the loose. The thing was stinking huge! The Joe's ended up beating it by shooting apples at it because each apple seed contained a little cyinide and it poisoned the germ. Good Times!... :lol:
destros_elite

Postby Professor on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah, I remember the apple episode, I thought it would take a lot more apples than I they used, plus they had a flying syringe.
But then again, it's only a cartoon and I think that it shouldn't be taken to seriously. Anyway I was more of a fan of the comics.
Professor

Postby RevSears on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:19 pm

destros_elite wrote:
Matthew wrote:I'm with all of you. Never watched the DIC stuff. Honestly it's hard for me to watch the originals. If I didn't have the nostalgia of watching them as a kid I would probably loathe them. Chad and I were talking about this yesterday. Remember when Iceberg turned into a Killer Whale? That's all I have to say :D

LOL...It was like Cobra had an 'Island of Doctor Moreau' in the Arctic Circle or something like that. Totally corny episode. I remember one from earlier in the run that there was some big pink blob germ that was on the loose. The thing was stinking huge! The Joe's ended up beating it by shooting apples at it because each apple seed contained a little cyinide and it poisoned the germ. Good Times!... :lol:

I thankful remember neither of those. Most of them are on youtube, I tried to watch a few minutes of the ballad of metal head. in till then I thought the character looked kinda cool, now I know why so many ignore him.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:34 pm

destros_elite wrote:Yeah, after the 1986 series of toys (which I loved), I maybe picked up 5-10 figures over the remainder of the run (like Falcon and '88 Storm Shadow).

Because I was born in 84 my fav figs are different than a lot of people. I still mainly caught reruns of sunbow though. I did however love my ninja force stormshadow and some of the talking battle commanders. But maybe it was because I was on the poor side, but i call it a blessing!, I got a lot of older figs from flea markets and such, including a baroness!
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 am

RevSears wrote: Because I was born in 84 my fav figs are different than a lot of people. I still mainly caught reruns of sunbow though. I did however love my ninja force stormshadow and some of the talking battle commanders. But maybe it was because I was on the poor side, but i call it a blessing!, I got a lot of older figs from flea markets and such, including a baroness!

I'm right there with you, Rev. Most of my figures came through trading with friends. I'd trade the other toys I had for Joes or trade multiple figures I had for one of there's that I really wanted. That is also why I was so into the G.I. Joe cartoon was because, as I've said before, it was the only part of G.I. Joe that was free.
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Sat May 22, 2010 4:25 am

destros_elite wrote:
RevSears wrote: Because I was born in 84 my fav figs are different than a lot of people. I still mainly caught reruns of sunbow though. I did however love my ninja force stormshadow and some of the talking battle commanders. But maybe it was because I was on the poor side, but i call it a blessing!, I got a lot of older figs from flea markets and such, including a baroness!

I'm right there with you, Rev. Most of my figures came through trading with friends. I'd trade the other toys I had for Joes or trade multiple figures I had for one of there's that I really wanted. That is also why I was so into the G.I. Joe cartoon was because, as I've said before, it was the only part of G.I. Joe that was free.

and being free is an amazing thing for us! Sure it's a toy commercial but i enjoyed it. One of the main reasons i gave sigma or even that hisstank online toon a chance. (both were awful imo)

I can't wait for Renegades I'm unsure how I'm going to like it but since it's free...
RevSears

Return to Joes & more