Joe toy you always wanted

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

Joe toy you always wanted

Postby Professor on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 pm

I was wondering if there ever was a particular toy that you wanted growing up, but never got. For me, I played with my joes in the pool for the most part and always wanted the KILLER W.H.A.L.E. I thought that it would make a great addition, but I never could convince my parents ( or Santa) to get one. The thing that is most disappointing is that I would love to see Hasbro reissue it in some form, but to date - nothing. I thought about picking one up on ebay, but I think I would have a hard time convincing my wife. Any thoughts?
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Re: Joe toy you always wanted

Postby RevSears on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Killer whale looks awesome, never had one either! I'm not really sure, as a kid i had my wants but it was usually for the figs i saw in the toons from early years. I wanted a Duke, FLint, and Lady Jaye that matched the show! but being born in 84 i got stuff like general hawk with Jet pack instead.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 am

The Killer Whale was an awesome toy! I got hooked on it in the cartoon because my Dad was in the Coast Guard and Cutter was a Coast Guardsmen as well. We didn't have the funds for big Joe toys, but that was okay. I was so thankful to the Lord for what I did have.
The Joe toy I always wanted was the Rattler. Wild Weasel was a cool character and I loved the color blue! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 am

I loved and still love my WHALE. As a kid, it would have probably have to be Duke. Never had a chance to have a Duke figure until I Tiger Force, which doesn't count. I always wanted the cartoon accurate Duke.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm

I love the cartoon accurate characters from the 25th Line. If you haven't seen them, log onto YoJoe.com and check them out! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:06 pm

As a kid, I always wanted the 83 Cobra Commander. That figure is the reason that I got back into GI Joe today. Now I own maybe 13 of them :) (4 MOC versions)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Rockpop on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 pm

For me, there were a few. Always wanted Flagg. That was kind of the "holy grail", never even saw it in stores.

I was lucky growing up, I had several buddies in the neighborhood that were the same age and were also Joe fans. It was kind of an unspoken rule to not buy something someone else already had, except for certain figures. We would all get together, dragging our joe stuff in backpacks, duffel bags, etc. Come to think of it, if I actually had the Flagg, I have no idea what I would have done with taking it to somebody's house. I had a hard enough time with the battle platform/oil rig, and my buddies with their big stuff. In all, we had quite a few cool items...but one of the things I wanted and didn't get was a Moray, and nobody else had one either.
I also seem to recall Cobra had a tank, black with red trim, that was maybe a mobat repaint. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I think I only saw it in a catalog (Sears???). I remember thinking that would be cool to have.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby Matthew on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 pm

Rockpop wrote:For me, there were a few. Always wanted Flagg. That was kind of the "holy grail", never even saw it in stores.

I was lucky growing up, I had several buddies in the neighborhood that were the same age and were also Joe fans. It was kind of an unspoken rule to not buy something someone else already had, except for certain figures. We would all get together, dragging our joe stuff in backpacks, duffel bags, etc. Come to think of it, if I actually had the Flagg, I have no idea what I would have done with taking it to somebody's house. I had a hard enough time with the battle platform/oil rig, and my buddies with their big stuff. In all, we had quite a few cool items...but one of the things I wanted and didn't get was a Moray, and nobody else had one either.
I also seem to recall Cobra had a tank, black with red trim, that was maybe a mobat repaint. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I think I only saw it in a catalog (Sears???). I remember thinking that would be cool to have.

You are right. It's called the CAT (Crimson Attack Tank) and was a Sears exclusive. Pretty sought after now.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Joes & more