New G.I. Joe Comic Coming!

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

New G.I. Joe Comic Coming!

Postby destros_elite on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

There is a new Joe Comic coming out on FCBD 2010! It will pick up right after Marvel 155 and be written by Hama!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091210- ... unced.html

Ryall confirmed on his site that this will be an ongoing title!

Your thoughts?
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: New G.I. Joe Comic Coming!

Postby RevSears on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:13 pm

If they don't contradict DDP i might be in. (but if they do it's just another strike against him, and they should just do more with Cobra and chuckles!)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm sure that the DD run will be almost completely ignored. I could see Kamakura being included, but that is it.

Still, this makes me so excited, almost enough to drop the other titles by IDW.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Bad news! Ryall has now edited his blog and no longer mentions this as an ongoing series or even a 156. Hmmm.... Can the G.I. Joe Review guys do some investigating and find something out from Ryall for us?
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby Elite_Stormtrooper on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:28 am

Whoa! Very cool! Here's hoping Cobra Commander wins this time!
Elite_Stormtrooper

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:31 pm

destros_elite wrote:Bad news! Ryall has now edited his blog and no longer mentions this as an ongoing series or even a 156. Hmmm.... Can the G.I. Joe Review guys do some investigating and find something out from Ryall for us?

Hmm... I wish I had some better contacts on this. Sidewinder, maybe?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Rockpop on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 pm

I've not seen anything listing it as an ongoing series. I saw that it will be printed as 155 1/2. The cover is kinda cool, CC ripping through the cover of issue #1.

As a side note, the cover for Bongo Comics free-for-all coming out on FCBD has a very good cover as well.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby MacLeaper on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Saw a cool update on this today- http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=25899

Larry Hama is back to writing G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and it does continue with #155 1/2 on Free Comic Book Day- and then from there is jumping to angoing series with IDW, starting with issue #156. It will be very cool to see the original '80s comic book series continue from where it left off with Marvel's run. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me." - Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

YO JOE!!!
MacLeaper

Location: mentally off on Pluto sometimes, but physically on Earth (for now!) ;-)

Postby destros_elite on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 am

MacLeaper wrote:Saw a cool update on this today- http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=25899

Larry Hama is back to writing G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and it does continue with #155 1/2 on Free Comic Book Day- and then from there is jumping to angoing series with IDW, starting with issue #156. It will be very cool to see the original '80s comic book series continue from where it left off with Marvel's run. :D

I saw that, too! I'm thrilled! I believe I read that the new ongoing will start in July. It will be interesting to see if people start bailing out on the new IDW run (which I happen to really enjoy) to pick this title up. With comics running $3.99 a pop, a lot of fans (myself included) just can't support as many titles as they used to.
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Sat May 22, 2010 4:21 am

RevSears wrote:If they don't contradict DDP i might be in. (but if they do it's just another strike against him, and they should just do more with Cobra and chuckles!)

It is ignoring DDP sadly :( Heck there were parts of the marvel run (ninja force) that I disliked more than DDP's stuff (accept america's elite's early stuff, that was the worst joe ever written)

A friend from TNI has picked up the free comic and is going to send it to me but I haven't got it yet.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to Joes & more