IDWs Classic G.I. Joe Trades

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

IDWs Classic G.I. Joe Trades

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Has anyone else been picking up IDWs Classic G.I.Joe Trades? They have released through Volume 8, so for those of you who were upset that Marvel only produced the first five volumes, can now pick up volumes 6-8. They are pretty well done for the most part. I'm not a fan of the covers though (as I wasn't a fan of the G.I. Joe Marvel trade covers either). Campbell's art just isn't my thing. He's very talented, but I just don't care for that style. I wish they would have done the covers the same way IDW did the the Classic Transformers covers. They are a collage of all the covers and some panels from the comics included in the trade.
Regardless, it is nice to not have to pull out a comic box or pop in a cd-rom to read Joe issues 51-155 (well, currently through issue 80, but they are planning to release through 155).
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: IDWs Classic G.I. Joe Trades

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

I want to, but haven't yet. I picked up the 5 Marvel ones (I think 5) that came out 8 or so years ago. Been wanting to jump back in but haven't been able to yet. I'm hoping that Leslie will get a few for my birthday :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby RevSears on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:44 am

Picked up the fisrt 3 marvel ones but that is it so far. School is a big finicial drain, and we had a dry dsspell for awhile last summer, so Money is still tight at the moment. I can't say it's so don't i spend zero fun money, but just not much in Joes or comics.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Rev,
Check your messages. :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Joes & more