Top 5 GI Joe IDW comics

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

Top 5 GI Joe IDW comics

Postby JustinCredible on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 am

What are your top 5 GI Joe IDW comics? (any title such as: ARAH, GI Joe, Origins, etc.)
JustinCredible

Re: Top 5 GI Joe IDW comics

Postby destros_elite on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:22 am

G.I. Joe #0 (Included three six-pages previews of the then upcoming G.I. Joe, Origins, and Cobra titles. Did a great job of hooking the reader)
G.I. Joe: Origins #12 (Baroness story...dark look into her past)
G.I. Joe: Cobra #3 (First of all, the entire G.I. Joe: Cobra mini-series is a MUST read. I won't disclose any details b/c I don't want to spoil the shock)
G.I. Joe: Cobra #4 (You must read #3 first. Once again, I don't want to spoil anything)
G.I. Joe: Cobra Special (First of all, the layout and design of this comic is phenomenal. First part of the story told from Tomax's perspective, second part from Xamot's perspective)
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:07 am

I haven't read any of these. One of these days I'd like to, but my first goal is to get through all the Marvel ones :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 pm

The entire G.I. Joe: Cobra series (Cobra, Cobra II, and upcoming Cobra: Civil War) are must reads. They are a little dark, but the story is amazing!
G.I. Joe: Origins started out strong with the first arc written by Hama, but after that it was hit and miss (mostly miss).
The main series to me was the opposite of Origins, it started out kind of weak, but really picked up steam as it went along. Of course Robert Atkins' art was simply amazing no matter the story.
The continuation of ARAH (with 155 1/2 FCBD '10) has been very disappointing. To me, Hama has not been able to bring back the magic. I almost wish they would have just let it stay as it was. I prefer that the Image/DDP run be the continuation over this. I actually dropped it from my monthly subs. If anyone is interested in buying issues 155-161 let me know.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I haven't read in a while. Missed a few issues at the store and haven't been to the comic store since August :(
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby JustinCredible on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

destros_elite wrote: I prefer that the Image/DDP run be the continuation over this.

I feel this way about the whole IDW run, I was hoping that they would've picked up where they left off instead of rebooting. But as a fan of the entire Joeverse I continue to buy and read on. I do enjoy the Cobra run along with the Civil War story-arc. Hopefully they continue how it started and keep it hot throughout the entire run.
JustinCredible

Return to Joes & more