G.I. Joe Canada

This is for general GI Joe chat, whether it be RAH or JvC, or even Action Force or other military lines, the battle begins here.

G.I. Joe Canada

Postby JustinCredible on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Do you consider the G.I. Joe Canadian convention characters part of the Joeverse? and Why or why not?
JustinCredible

Re: G.I. Joe Canada

Postby JustinCredible on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:21 pm

I do consider them a part of the Joeverse. I really wish it were easier than spending a small countries fortune or having to travel to Canada to obtain them. I do understand they are a sort of custom. They do have file cards and comics containing them. G.I. Joe has grown to be so large that there are characters that have been invented or part of the team that either haven't been seen or heard of or incorporated in the lines that we know. We can never have too many characters in my mind. That was really long winded to get to the point, but oh well. 8O
JustinCredible

Postby Matthew on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:27 am

I don't think so, but I'm really about reducing character count. I'm working on determining which characters stay in my US Joe team, and once I finish there I'll look into foreign stuff.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

I really don't consider them part of the Joeverse, although (correct me if I'm wrong) I think stories or comics have been written about them and I don't know if they had any characters in them that are part of the Joeverse. If so, I might consider them a distant cousin. :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 pm

I say no simply because there are too many universes for me. I prefer the Marvel continuity, but I have a few characters from the Hasbro run and some internationals that I like too.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Joes & more